Chapter 2: Meeting Him

It's been about 45 minutes since we got on the train. When I look outside of the train. I see people jumping from the train onto a rooftop. "Christina we have a small issue!!" I say. "What is it. Whats wrong?" she says. "There jumping onto the roof top up ahead." I respond to her with. " What are you talking about? Their seriously jumping off of a moving train onto the roof." She says. I say " If you don't believe me look for yourself." She looks. She looks guilty now. "I'm sorry. I should have believed you. I'm used to telling liars from not liars. I thought you were lying."

"It's our turn to jump. On three." I say. "One, Two, Three." We both say. Then we jumped. We landed knees first and then rolled away from the edge of the roof. We both start to laugh and rub the gravel off of our clothes. The next step to get into the Dauntless compound is... To jump off of the roof now." We just jumped. Now they want us to jump again?" says Christina.

We hear a loud yell from a guy standing on the edge of the roof." My name is Eric. I will be overseeing your initiation. The only way into the Dauntless compound for initiation is by jumping." says Eric. "Is there water at the bottom or something?" asks an Erudite boy. "Well you'll have to wait and see. Now who wants to go first?"Eric asks. No one volunteers at first. But then I say " Me. I'll jump first." Thinking that it would make a great first impression. So I walked towards the edge of the roof. I take my sweeter off and climb up onto the edge. But when I take my sweeter off. This Candor boy Peter says"Yeah Stiff take it off. Never mind put it back on." So When I took my sweeter off I threw it as hard as I could towards Peter. It hit in right in the face. I'm standing on the edge and I look down. Then I jump. I felt like I was flying. I felt free.

I was caught by a net at the bottom. For a second I just laid their. Half in shock that i just did that and half hysterical of actually doing that and not dying. Then suddenly my hand was grabbed and pulled across the net. "My name is Four, I will be your initiation instructor." he says. I grab my wrist because I felt a sharp pain in it. " I'm gonna take her to the infirmary Lauren.Is that okay?" he asks Lauren. "Yeah sure Four. Why what happened?"Lauren says. "It looks to me like she has a fractured wrist." He takes my arm to guide me to where ever we are going. By the way we are going it looks like he's taking to an apartment. "Four, where are we going?" I ask him. "Back to my room, I can provide better care for you their than anywhere else in this place." he responded with. " Ummmm...Ok" is all that finds it's way out. "Whats your name anyways Stiff?" He asks me. "Bea...I mean Tris. I want to start over. I want to forget about Abnegation as I possibly can." I say. " Understandable, Well here we are." he says, as he's unlocking his front door.