Understanding

Beyonce's POV:

Big Nicki did a good job of faking her way through Christmas Eve. She had a small dinner, opened all gifts and thanked everyone but I'm sure all us knew it was performative so we wouldn't feel a way. We all told her it was okay and that she didn't have to fake being 'Okay' but she just brushed us off and smiled. Soon everyone was gone and Nicki let the act drop. Robyn pulled her aside to talk to her but she wasn't receptive and excused herself to the bathroom. My heart broke into a million pieces to hear her cry in the shower in her room and I couldn't take it. I went inside and it was a mistake. I startled her so bad she smacked her head on the side of the shower wall jumping in fear.

So now she was really crying and I screamed for Rob. She came in and asked what happened before telling me to step out and grab her some clothes. I walked out and went into Nicki's drawers picking out a pink shirt and matching shorts. I grabbed some gray knee high socks and lotion and sat on the bed to wait. I got myself together and felt ready to go into full caregiver mode when Rob walked out with Nicki who was in her fuzzy pink robe. Thankfully, she allowed me to lotion her up and get her dressed for bed. She snuggled into her bed and Rob left the room to double check the locks and I laid next to Nicki and held her close. We laid there for about an hour all together after Robyn came up to join us.

I felt so relieved to feel my Baby latch on if only for half the time than normal before she drifted off to sleep.  I sat up and Rob did the same before whispering.

            "It's going to be okay my Queen."

            "This is a disaster. I made her hurt herself Rob."

            "It was an accident, she even said she didn't mean to scream when you came in."

            "Rob...I just want my happy Baby back."

            "I know but we have to help her through this my Queen. Her mental health is important. The therapist did reply back, and we have a walk in the day after Christmas."

            "Good. First thing, I want to be in that office first thing."

            "I know. Just take a breath and relax my Queen. She'll be okay, we just have to handle her with care."

I nod and snuggle back into a sleeping Nika eventually falling back asleep as well.

--

Christmas day was slow and quiet, and I was grateful. Everyone hit us up with a 'Merry Christmas' wishes and said they wanted Nicki to feel comfortable today and wouldn't come over. My Mom did stop by briefly just to hug me and say she was happy I was home and not behind bars before giving me the breakfast casserole she made us and the dinner one. Mom was sweet and whipped up the later so we wouldn't have to worry about cooking today and could rest.

Nicki was 'Big' this morning and gave us our gifts and opened hers before cleaning up. I felt so bad knowing she was suffering and looking at the bruise on the side of her forehead. We sat on the couch for awhile quietly watching TV as Robyn was playing with her new gray Nintendo Switch Lite game console. She was so excited for something called Animal Crossing and had to play it right away. Soon Nicki went upstairs to lie down, and Rob and I were alone. We ate an early lunch and we video called Rob's parents for a bit. Soon it was dinner time and we ate alone since Nicki was asleep and wrote a note requesting that she not be woken up for anything.

Rob hated seeing both of us sad so after dinner, she took me out to her truck and lit the blunt that Mel gave her. She and I hot boxed and I felt relaxed. Back inside, I had some of the chocolate that Mel gave Robyn before going up to check on Nicki before taking a bath. Rob joined me and gave me some slow tub sex.