Dreams and Nightmares

Nicki's P.o.v.::

Lauren left and I cuddled into Beyonce and my unicorn. I wanted to go to sleep again but Beyonce was quietly singing keeping me awake. My ears perked up when I heard her call me 'Kehlani'. I cleared my throat and spoke quietly.

"Who is Kehlani?"

I heard Beyonce's breath catch in her throat before she shook her head.

"No one, it's not important."

"You sing about her, this isn't the first time I've heard you say her name since you've been home. When I was in my Little space you called me 'Lani' like twice."

"I'm not talking about that with you!" Beyonce said pushing me off onto the floor.

I was shocked and my defenses shot up as if I was around Rihmeek when he was mad at me. I quickly got up and went to my room. Sitting in my safe space of the closet with my unicorn my heart was beating out of my chest and I felt weak. I heard Beyonce outside of the door before Robyn and Mel joined her. They all begged me to open the door and that she was sorry. I was lucky I had my new unicorn because I held onto it until sleep overtook me.

Waking up a few hours later, I felt horribly hot and my unicorn's fur was matted against my face. My fever was up again and it felt worse. I carefully got up and went to the bathroom. I used it and washed my face before taking a quick shower and changing into a black t-shirt and tights. I was shivering as I put on a gray chunky cardigan and wrapped it around me close. I slipped on my red UGG's and grabbed my keys, purse, and work laptop. I left my room and carefully left the house. I put everything into my truck and drove to my Mom's. At my Mom's she was up beginning baking her pies for Thanksgiving. She immediately stopped what she was doing to help me up to my old room and give me water so I could take some more medication. My Mom made me a quick grilled cheese and I ate that before snuggling into bed.

"What's wrong Baby?"

"I just need a little break." I reply with a cough.

"I bet, I know it's not easy that Beyonce's home and you're trying to find a balance. It'll be okay."

I nod not even feeling that it was true. My Mom left to finish cooking and I took a small nap before waking up to work. My Mom brought me a cup of hot tea and I sipped it while I worked. I finished right as I was crashing again and was happy I was off for a few days while the offices were closed for the holiday. I was supposed to go to Beyonce's family house for Thanksgiving but...hard pass for now. I didn't even want to think about Beyonce. Rob and her both had hit my phone with calls and texts just trying to smooth things over and talk but I was still shaken and being sick did not help.

--

Flashback:

"Happy Birthday Nicki!" Everyone sang over the music of the party Lauren threw in our honor. Since it was both our birthdays she just lumped me into her party. I didn't complain. It was the first time I had a real party, party. Normally I always had a quiet dinner and cake.

Lauren and Katorah went to the dance floor and most of the guests in our section did the same. I was however approved to dance in my seat. My boyfriend Rihmeek had a tight hold on my waist and I was sure to have his finger prints on me before the night was through. I felt Rihmeek's lips touch my ear and my stomach got tight.

"Give me a kiss." Rihmeek said roughly.

I turn my head and give him a quick peck before turning back around. Rihmeek tightened his grip and I folded over in pain causing Ariana to speak.

"Nicki, are you okay?"

"She's fine." Rihmeek answered.

"I asked Onika!" Ari yelled making the whole section look at us.

My face was hot as Rihmeek stood and I did the same. He ushered us out of the section and down to the bathroom for the fourth time tonight. My ass was stinging from the last time he 'punished' me for making him look bad. I was boarder line in my 'Little' space and I just wanted to go home. In the bathroom that was unfortunately a singlet, Rihmeek gave me a quick pop to the mouth. I stumbled back holding my mouth.

"I should be hitting that disrespectful bitch Ariana in her mouth but you'll do! You're not allowed to see her anymore. Fuck that job Onika, you don't need it anyway. You just keep it to flaunt that you make more than me."

"I don't."

"Bullshit, you are playing big money in my face. Getting bottles, getting lemon pepper wings, and that gift for Lauren, the fuck! That shit was better than what you gave me."

"I'm sorry Rihmeek."

"What's my name?"

"...Daddy, I'm so sorry."

"Lies, you aren't but you will be." Rihmeek said grabbing my neck and pinning me to the wall.

--

I jumped up from my nightmare and instantly wanted Robyn. I held my pillow crying my eyes out until I fell asleep again.

Waking up in the morning, I felt a little better but my head was congested to hell. I sat up looked at the time before getting up to go to the bathroom and freshened up. I got back into bed as the door opened and my Mom came in.

"Hey Baby, you have company."

My Mom moved and Robyn and Beyonce came into the door frame. I gripped the bed under me as they sat on the end of the bed. The oven preheat started to beep so my Mom ran out of the room to check the food. Robyn looked at me and stood quietly motioning for Beyonce to do the same.

"Baby, we've missed you. We just want to talk when you're ready."

            "I'm so sorry Nicki. I didn't mean what I did, it was a reflex. I'm so sorry." Beyonce said tearfully as she came over to my side.

Beyonce's tears soon because full force as she apologized over and over again. I didn't even have words to tell her that I was ready for her to talk to me about what happened. I crossed my arms feeling 'Little' and quiet. Robyn soon came over as Beyonce went into the bathroom to blow her nose and wash her face.

"Nika, Daddy loves you. Mommy didn't mean to hurt you. We would never hurt you Baby."

Daddy kissed my cheek and hugged me as I gave into my emotions. I began wheezing as I gasped for air. I felt like I was being choked by Rihmeek and was seconds from passing out. Daddy and Beyonce started a breathing exercise that I started to follow until I was calm enough to stop wheezing. I fell back into the pillows and Beyonce held me in a hug before speaking.

"I'm so sorry Nika, I would never hurt you. I love you. I should have talked you and not pushed you away. It's just, Kehlani hurt Mommy and made her sad so it's hard for her to talk about her."

"Did you hurt Kehlani too?" I ask in quiet voice.

Daddy rubbed Beyonce's shoulder and she bit her lip and nodded.

"It was an accident."

--

excuse all errors!

thoughts/comments?

--