Worthy Friends

short update, sorry.

--

Beyonce's POV:

After just lounging around for the rest of the day and night. I was excited to get back to the shops in the morning. I had an interview for an assistant and Solange was going to come down and visit the shops for the first time. My Baby was 'Little' today, so it was nice to do all her caregiving this morning even if she was cranky. However, her not wanting to wear a shirt was thing and lead to tears until I came up with her just wearing a sports bra under a hoodie. At the shop, I carried my Baby in who was in a pink sweatshirt, black tights, and pink Nikes. She was quietly sucking her pacifier and hadn't spoken since the mini tantrum. Rob opened her side of the shop as our security came in and took their posts. I put Nika down behind the counter on a mini futon and she curled up and covered the bottom half of her face with her sweatshirt sleeve covered hand, hiding her pacifier from view. The door's bell rang as people came in and started to buy flowers. I was selling through a lot of my roses and mixed arrangements and started to make more. I was finishing up a few when the door chimed, and my interview came in. She looked professional off the bat, and I loved that.

I had to deal with a customer that was still waiting so I asked my interview to wait for me in one of the chairs by the counter. She did as Rob came over to my side and spoke to her before going over and crouching next to Nika talking quietly to her before they got up and went into the back. The customer finished with me and locked the door to keep everyone out while I did my interview.

"So, this is just going to be informal but thank you dressing the part. My name is Beyonce, I've been in business for a short while but I'm going to need some help. This position is part time, but I'll probably keep you to 20-30 hours a week. Some flexibility for big orders and weddings is a must though. I'm offering two paid weeks' vacation, paid holidays, and a signing bonus after 60 days. No Sunday's unless we're doing special events, weddings, dances, valentine's day, and Mother's Day, Christmas Eve, but that will be pick up only/ delivery days and we'll only be open for a few hours. Does any of this interest you Megan?"

Megan nodded with a big smile and spoke.

"Yes!"

Megan and I talked for about an hour before she agreed to take the job. Since I was curious about her knowledge of flowers I asked if she had time to spend with me today. She agreed saying her schedule was clear. I agreed to pay her for her time today and we went through some orders as I opened the shop back up again.

I was watching her make some arrangements from my diagrams when the door behind me cracked open and I heard Nika call for me. I excused myself and walked in the back and closed the door. Nika asked for 'milky' and I mentally cursed in my head. It was our nursing time, and I now had a store full of people. I sat Nika down and hugged her before telling her that I'd have to push our time back. Nika frowned and said 'No' and I huffed and told her that I was sorry and that she'd have to wait.

Nika started crying and Rob popped in with Solange.

"I need to get back out there to ring people out. Can you take care of her Rob?" I reply getting up and jogging out.

It was even more jam packed when I got back to the counter and Megan and I finished up the day two hours later. I was starving after and couldn't wait to get a late lunch and make up the time I missed with Nika. Solange had come out and spend time in the shop for a while Nika sat behind Rob's counter as she helped customers. For most of the time her head was buried in her arms that were folded on the glass countertop. Every so often, Rob would hug her and rub her back when she wasn't busy. Soon Robyn needed to do an errand and Nika came over to my side and sat behind the counter on the floor with her knees pulled to her chest. Resting her head on them she was quiet, and I felt bad but we we're too busy for me to get a chance to lock the door so I could give her some nursing time or even give her more than a few seconds of attention. Megan did a good job of keeping up with customers and we were down to the last two people when Michelle came in. I had to remind myself where I was because I wanted to jump across the counter and even more so if Kelly would have come in considering she linked up with Jay and physically assaulted my Baby.

Michelle was silent and stood off to the side and I rushed through flower arrangements and gave them away for free so I could get the last two customers out fast. I told Megan I had an emergency come up and gave her $150 dollars from my pocket before telling her that I'll call her with her schedule. Megan left and I locked the door and felt for the knife under my counter just in case Michelle did something stupid. Sadly, Rob wouldn't let me have my gun since security had theirs but stupidly, I sent them for lunch a few minutes before this.

"You have five seconds."

"Look Beyonce, I'm sorry, I love you and just want things to go back to what they were before you got locked up. You never expressed wanting a girlfriend to us, you had Kehlani and when we told you that something was off with her but you brushed me and Kelly off so we let it be and next thing we know you're getting locked up and a few months later, Robyn's got a new bitch in your house! So yeah, we felt like Robyn was wrong and that she took advantage of you being gone so of course we're not going to like the bitch. She was breaking up your happy home! You and Robyn were talking about having a kid before Kehlani and it's like now you forgot that. Beyonce, you wanted to be a mother and cried to Robyn about not having a 'Baby' to take care of."

"Not that you deserve an explanation but the 'Baby' I was thinking of was a 'Little'. Also, Robyn had my blessing on dating Onika because we're in a poly relationship."

"I doubt you love Onika as much as you love Robyn, and you know it. Rob and you are soulmates and always have been since high school. You're doing Onika a disservice to pretend that you do."

"You aren't Beyonce, I am, and you don't know how I feel. I love Onika and I loved you until I heard that you and Kelly dipped on Robyn and didn't support her. You two barely saw me in jail. Robyn was up to see me twice a week faithfully! You wouldn't even talk to me like that on the phone."

"I just switched careers and Kelly was going through a lot with her postpartum depression and such, we needed you more than you needed us."

"Yeah well...too much has happened Michelle."

"Come on Bey, you don't miss us, like tell the truth! We've been best friends since we were ten years old! You're Kelly's son godmother, Titan is very hurt you haven't seen him since you got out as well as Robyn. You two abandoned that child for your own pleasure of having a young 'Little' freak girlfriend!"

The air shifted around me as Nicki got up and ran to the back screaming that she 'always messes things up'. I told Michelle to get out which led to us arguing before security came back from lunch and took her out. I went in the back to see Nika curled up in the corner crying her eyes out. Thankfully, Rob came back and we were all able to leave. In the truck, I held Nika in my lap calming her down to just sniffles as we got home. Inside, my Mom was cooking us dinner but stopped when she saw Nika. She took Nika to her room and Rob and I went in the kitchen. Rob was shaking with rage when I told her what happened and I had to do a lot of layering it so she wouldn't loose it completely. Michelle and Kelly were supposed to be there for Robyn and they weren't and she took that hard but them being nasty to Onika made her extremely angry because she saw first hand the emotional abuse they put her through before I got out of jail. They were after all the main reasons my Baby hated her Little space and restricted herself from it. Rob went to smoke a blunt to relax her and I went up to check on Nika. I could hear my Mom talking to her as I opened her door. On the bed, Nika was in her bra and panties with her face buried in a pillow as my Mom rubbed her back. I came over and sat and spoke quietly that I was sorry for earlier. Mom pursed her lips before leaning over and whispering in me eat that Nika didn't want to talk and that she was sleepy and to maybe see if I could comfort her to sleep.

I nodded and took off my blouse and bra. My breasts ached being so full and I was hoping my Baby would relieve them. My Mom left as I laid down next to Nika. She looked up at me with red eyes and tear-stained cheeks. I wanted to say so much but I knew it wasn't about me right now, it was about Nika. Thankfully, she latched and took the milk from both sides before falling asleep. I slipped her a pacifier and left out. My breasts still feel sore from that damn bra, so I just forgone a shirt. Down in the kitchen, Solange was there with Jhene who was outside with Rob sharing a blunt.

--

EXCUSE ALL ERRORS!

Thoughts/Comments?

--