Chapter 15- Part 2

A/N- This chapter was initially even longer, but I condensed it because it was honestly too long for my liking. Because of this, I will post the other half by Friday. That half still needs to be edited. I will still post another chapter next Monday as well. 

Don't forget to vote! 

-T.N. Jewell 

When I awoke, I was alone. Not a single person was in the room with me.

The room was bathed in natural light. I rubbed my eyes as I looked towards the floor-to-ceiling window across from the bed. Another quick glance around showed I was truly alone. There was also no way out of the open room.

Shakily, I stood and the soft blanket fell from my body. I still wore the gown that was forced on me. I had the urge to wrap the blanket around myself like a cocoon, so I snatched it back up and did exactly that.

The majority of the blanket trailed behind me as I made my way across the floor to the open view to the outside world. I was up fairly high. Not like the skyscrapers I had seen from a distance or from pictures on Earth, but still enough to make my stomach jumble up with nerves.

Tall trees similar to redwood trees dominated the hillside I was facing. A bright purple sky made the green bark stand out from here and I found myself fascinated by the colors. It was so similar to Earth, but so different at the same time.

Below me, I could see guards lining the walls of the compound that I was in. The sight irked me, for reasons I didn't understand.

With a huff, I sat down before the view. There was nothing better to do and I couldn't exactly go find something to do when I didn't even know how to leave the room.

Honestly, I was surprised. I didn't wake up at all when they left, which made me a little uneasy. I wanted to think that I would be able to wake up if they made the slightest move on me, but the fact that I don't remember them leaving me made it unsettling.

Choosing not to dwell on it, I focused my attention back outside. I watched for a long time as Leften guards made their rounds and started to understand their routines. Most of them made the same route around a certain area, before settling at one spot for a few minutes and then just repeating the process. Sometimes, a guard would come and take another guard's spot.

For a long time, I was invested into remembering their routine. If I had the opportunity to escape, I wanted to be ready. I didn't know where I would go, but I think the main spot would be finding a ship and praying that it's easy to control.

That was just wishful thinking though.

I wasn't stupid. I knew my chances were very slim on escaping. It would be cruel to myself to hope that I would just miraculously be able to just leave without them hunting me down or getting killed by something unknown on this planet. I accepted the fact that I was probably never leaving this planet or getting out of this situation.

Most likely, I would be raped and forced to have some alien baby for king savages. I just wanted to hope that I would be able to survive, but I definitely wasn't accepting enough that I wouldn't take an opportunity if it presented itself.

The most important thing for me to do right now is just to do what they say and hope that I can survive until that opportunity arises.

I was lost in my own musings and observations for a long time. It was enough time that the sun was high in the sky when I heard slight footsteps behind me.

With surprising speed, I quickly stood and faced whoever was coming. Unsurprisingly, it was the bossy one.

My eyes caught his and I quickly looked away when they met the intensity and hostility in his eyes. The tension in the air thickened and I unconsciously took a step back when he stopped in front of me.