Chapter 6- Part 2

A grunt came from my throat from something digging into my stomach. My eyelids fluttered as my whole body bounced every second. The boulder against my stomach was uncomfortable and my head felt like it was about to burst.

I opened my eyes to see my curtain of hair and the ground swaying beneath me. So I'm not dead. I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time, but the pain in my head kept me from actually doing it.

My hands dangled below me and my nose kept smashing into the gray skin of the Leften holding me with every step he took. I groaned when he dug his hand into my side to readjust my body on his shoulder.

My eyes focused on the body beneath me. I was up high. Like really high. The Leften had stuff attached to the side of his pants. I didn't know what any of it was but most of it just looked like metallic balls and pens. He was shirtless and I could feel something twitching against my hip.

I could hear crying somewhere not too far from me but I couldn't discern who. I didn't even have the energy to flinch when I heard a loud snap come from somewhere that I couldn't see.

A foreign language hit my ears. I'm assuming it was a Leften but I had no idea what he was saying. I couldn't see anything except the body of the Leften holding me and the ground below me.

The Leften holding me responded and I gasped when I felt the deep baritone rumbling against me. His voice was just as intimidating as the rest of him.

I didn't know what to think about what was happening. I vaguely recognized that I was probably in shock. I'm almost positive they didn't just kill only Tim. I didn't know why I was alive right now but in a way I wished the Leften had killed me. I know that if I'm not dead then there's something worse in store for me.

Shame filled me when I acknowledged that I wasn't even trying to escape. I should be kicking and screaming but I just couldn't gather the energy to do it. I just wanted to cry from this feeling of helplessness, but no tears came.

My thoughts were interrupted when an arm banded around my thighs and the Leften pushed his hand against my back. I tensed before a sharp yank on the knife in my calf had a blood curdling scream rising in my throat. A hand gripped the stab wound and squeezed to the point that tears leaked from my eyes. I curled my fingers into the back of the Leften holding me and started to try and struggle out of his grip.

My nails did no damage against the Leften's skin. I tried with all my energy to do something but it was like I was kicking and scratching a statue. He didn't move a muscle.

I let out another small cry when a burning sensation traveled along the wound. I could hear sizzling and immediately knew what they were doing. They were cauterizing it. I didn't know what they were using to cauterize it. Probably some weird alien technology.

My struggles doubled when the hand holding my calf slid down to my ankle. Another hand wrapped around my other ankle and brought it against my other. A band tightened around both of my ankles before the hands holding my ankles disappeared.

I heard footsteps rounding around the behemoth holding me before I came face to face with another Leften. His eyes weren't red but gold and had a pupil that looked like a cross between a horse and a snake. Horns jutted out from behind his ears and were probably about a foot in length each. He had a thick mop of dark hair on his head and his ears flicked towards me when I met his eyes with my own.

Determination filled me when he reached to grab for my arms. I was not going to let this fucker tie me up like a lamb heading to slaughter.