Chapter 7

It took a moment for my eyes to adjust due to the bright lighting completely surrounding me. When they finally did adjust, my confusion grew.

The lights seemed to be coming from nowhere in particular. There was no source emitting rays of light. It was almost like the air itself was the light.

The room was empty besides the Leften's and us humans standing in the room. The doorway we entered through must've closed because I couldn't see any doors. It was just a semi- small room with four walls. The Leften's weren't moving. I couldn't see the other girls but I could hear soft crying coming from somewhere in the room.

I jumped when a soft hiss radiated through the room, causing the alien holding me to let out a small chuckle that I could feel against my leg. Suddenly, the lighting dimmed and the room started to distort. The air filled with waves of blue tendrils making it seem like we were underwater, but I could still breathe fine. As soon as my skin started to tingle the distortion stopped. It was just a plain white room again with bright lights surrounding me.

Then, we were moving. We passed through one of the walls that now had a doorframe and entered into an area with multiple chairs and a raised dais in the middle with one chair and a control panel. The chairs were attached to the surrounding circular wall.

The Leften holding me abruptly grabbed me and threw me into one of the chairs. I had a brief moment of dizziness before straps came across my shoulders and attached to the seat of the chair. I didn't even have time to process it before another strap encircled my neck. It wasn't tight enough to choke me, but it definitely pissed me off. I wasn't able to move my neck away from the back of the seat. I was only able to rotate my head to look around.

The Leften that carried me brought his hand to my face. I tried to twist my head away but the strap around my neck wouldn't let me. His finger trailed over the technology covering my mouth causing it to emit a small click and then it fell off my mouth and into his waiting hand.

I gasped when he spoke."I will put it back on if you decide to speak again. I would advise you to just keep your mouth shut." He had a rich accent, but I was surprised that they could speak English so well, even though I shouldn't be with the technology they have.

He stared at me and I realized he was waiting for a response. I nodded. I honestly didn't want that thing back on me and I didn't know what they would do to me if I didn't listen. I was too confused and scared to show any defiance at the moment.

He walked away from me and approached the seat in the middle of the room. A flick of his wrist brought up a bright 3-D screen with symbols I couldn't read. I could only see his back where a thick and long tail protruded from his ass.

I diverted my attention towards the room and noticed that the door we came through was no longer there. In its place was a plain white wall. Josh, Nate, Francine, Amber, and Vee were all the same predicament I was in. Each was strapped into a chair unable to move. My eyes focused on Vee to see her staring at me.

I could tell she was terrified. She didn't need to tell me so, I could read it in her eyes. She shook her head in silent communication, telling me without words that we were fucked.

Barked words from the center of the room gathered my attention. The two Leftens I encountered earlier were exchanging words I couldn't understand. After a brief conversation the one that put the bands around my hands and ankles walked to one of the seats along the wall and strapped himself in. Behemoth made a few more swipes of his hand and came back towards me, leaving the chair and control center to disappear into the floor.

He seated himself next to me. My whole body tensed and I tried my best to just ignore him. A quick glance around showed everybody was seated.

I started to feel vibrations in my feet and a soft hum filled the room. I figured this was some type of shuttle, but now I'm actually facing the reality of leaving the ground. My anxiety and fear increased and I desperately wanted to beg the Leften next to me to just let me go, but I held my tongue. I knew it was pointless.

My stomach lurched when my body was slammed into the backrest of the seat. Pain danced through my entire body while gravity was working against me. My eyes instinctively closed while my head felt like it was splitting in two.

With a jerk, the sensation stopped and I was finally able to get a deep breath in. My entire body was screaming in pain and I involuntarily let out a small whimper. When I realized I had a death grip on my pants, I slowly released them.

I flinched when Behemoth stood up quickly. I tensed when he quickly squatted in front of me. He was huge. His horns had sharp tips along with his ears. I swallowed as he swiped his finger along the band around my ankles. I frowned when the band furled into a tiny metallic ball in his hand.

A stupid thought entered my head as I stared at him pocketing the ball somewhere behind him. I could kick him while he wasn't looking. I know it wouldn't do anything to help me, but at least I could do something instead of being a good little human and go along with whatever they planned to do to me. It would be a small fraction of what he deserved.

I quickly squashed the idea. It would only make the situation worse. I'm not strong enough to hurt this Leften. I'm more likely to hurt myself more than him.

He stood up after quickly swiping his hand along the side of my seat. The straps across my chest disappeared seamlessly into the backrest of the seat along with the one around my neck.

I gasped when his fingers furled into the front of my shirt, jerking me into a standing position. He released my shirt and a quick push on my back almost caused me to fall flat on my face, but a hand grasped my shirt, saving my fall.

I glanced over my shoulder and scowled at him. He completely ignored me and continued to force me to walk ahead of him toward a wall. I tried to see if everybody else in my group was alright, but I couldn't see around the behemoth and nobody was in front of me.

The wall ahead disintegrated with pulses of blue light, leaving an open doorway with a busy corridor ahead. I tried to stop when I saw several Leften's walking in the long corridor but the hand against my back prevented me.

Forced into a brisk walk, I had no choice but to pass all the Leften's, who pointedly ignored us. The hallway was long, so long that the end of it seemed miles away. Eventually we stopped by another doorway.
The room was huge. My eyes widened when I saw parallel rows of small cells and it was obvious what they were for. The cells had clear walls so I could easily see inside them. We passed many cells containing people- humans to be exact- before stopping at an empty one.

I was unceremoniously shoved into the clear wall. I thought I was going to slam into the wall so I braced myself, expecting the pain, but I passed right through it. I fell to the floor with a grunt and scrambled up as fast as I could to look through the wall I just passed through. The Leften was already walking away when I tried to go through the wall again, but found that I couldn't. Inside the cell it acted as a solid wall.

I cursed as I took in the small cell. It only held a small purple mat with a purple blanket and pillow neatly folded on top of it and a small hole in the opposite corner of the room.

I wanted to cry as I took it all in. The hole was obviously for bodily fluids. I didn't even have toilet paper. Spinning around quickly I tried to see who my cellmates were, but gasped when the clear walls suddenly became solid white.

I took deep breaths, trying not to let the claustrophobia get to me. The room was too small. I only had enough room to walk two steps in each direction and now I couldn't even see other people. I only had four white walls to keep me company.

After taking several deep breaths, I pulled myself together a little bit. I slowly unfurled the purple blanket and sat on the mat. I ignored how dirty I was and wrapped the blanket around me, providing some comfort.

I just sat there and stared at the opposite wall, unsure of what to do. I wanted to cry so badly, but I held it in. I can't just give in. They took us for a reason. I needed to be strong.

The more I tried not to cry, the harder it got to hold it in. I was angry. Angry at myself for not fighting harder. For allowing myself to be taken like this.

With a loud sob the tears came unbidden. I couldn't stop. Sobs shook my entire body and I cried for hours, until finally I curled on my side and exhaustion overtook me. 

A/N- Hope everyone likes the chapter! Make sure to vote if you did! I plan on uploading two more chapters before Christmas.

- T.N. Jewell