Chapter 10

A/N- I'm updating a day early and releasing chapter 10 and 11. Chapter 11 is a decent size chapter. I had to try and find a good spot to stop at because I didn't want to make the chapter too long. I am also uploading through my iPad so the formatting may be different than the other chapters. I will fix it in the future when I'm not stuck at work in a snow storm.

WARNING- After this chapter, some things may be triggering. This is a dark romance with dubcon/noncon. This is the only warning I will give for the rest of the series. If you find those types of themes triggering, then don't read it.

All words that the Leftens use as part of their language is completely made up. I just put random letters together and made words. I don't know if they are actually words in another language or if they mean anything.

Thank you for all the support. Please keep voting for every chapter that you like! Hope you enjoy!

            -T.N. Jewell

    I didn't look away from the window when I finally heard heavy footsteps along the floor. Even though it was absolutely beautiful in space, the sudden change made me angry.
So when the Leften spoke I ignored him. I didn't even hear what he said. I just continued to stare.
He stopped next to me. I could feel his proximity, but I was determined to just ignore it all.
However, I couldn't stop the flinch when I felt the hand grip my throat. He wasn't hurting me, but the warning was clear.
I turned my head towards his and looked into his golden eyes. It was a Leften I didn't recognize. I gave him the meanest glare I could muster. He didn't react. Just stared right back at me.
I looked away first. I continued staring out the window. I didn't react when he spoke again. "Get. Up."
Just ignore him. Maybe he's not even real and he'll go away.
I yelped when I was suddenly lifted off the ground by my throat. I wasn't lifted far because I was able to get my feet underneath me.
My back was shoved into his chest and my feet stumbled over his own. The top of my head only reached his abdomen from how tall he was.
In a desperate move to get away from him, I brought my hands up to the hand around my throat and dug my nails into his skin the best I could. His hold was loose enough that I was able to turn my head and bite into his abdomen hard enough to take a little chunk of skin with me.
A roar vibrated through the room and suddenly I was airborne until my body collided with the window across from the bed.
The pain was immediate and intense. It didn't help that I definitely just pissed him off and he was probably going to come back for seconds.
With that thought in mind, I forgot about the pain and got up as fast as I could. I looked at the Leften in front of me and knew I was definitely fucked. More than fucked. He was going to kill me.
His posture alone was terrifying. He looked like he was about to grab me and snap me in half, but his eyes... if he could burn me alive with just his eyes he definitely would.
I did get satisfaction from the chunk of skin missing where I bit him, but that changed when the skin regrew and healed within seconds on its own. It was very unsettling seeing him heal like that.
I focused once more on him when he brought his hand up to wipe the dark gray blood that was left behind. I stared at him as he did so and had to concentrate not to show any reaction.
The tension was suffocating. We were at a standstill. He was waiting for me to make a move and I was waiting for him to make a move. Which led to absolutely nowhere.
In a move faster than I expected he swiped out his right leg, causing my own two feet to get pushed out from underneath me. My head made a sickening crack against the ground, which just pissed me off.
In a second he was on top of me. I kicked, scratched, and screamed as loud as I could but he just wore a cruel grin.
The hand returned to my throat and squeezed. Within seconds, I was spluttering for air and trying to buck him off.
Then I knew, this was it. This is where I die. He wasn't letting up and every second felt more and more like I was closer to death.
When it got to the point where my vision was turning dark, he finally let up. Coughs wracked through my body. He didn't completely let go of my throat but he gave me just enough space to breathe.
I didn't fight him when he released my throat and jerked me up by my wrists. I dangled for a few seconds before I found my footing by the tips of my toes.
The position was straining and I almost whined from the pressure on my wrists, but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction.
I took as much time as I could to just breathe. My adrenaline plummeted and I felt helpless.
I flinched when his massive hand grabbed ahold of my jaw and tilted my head up to meet his eyes. When our eyes did meet, I didn't hesitate to spit in his face.
The satisfaction was instant when the glob of saliva collided with his cheek. However, it was smothered when he spoke again. "You're going to regret that."
He spoke so calmly I wondered if maybe I just didn't know how to read their expressions. His voice told a different story than his eyes. They looked so similar to humans, but I didn't actually know much about them. I also didn't have much interaction with them.
It was worth it.
He smiled. A big fangy smile. That's when I realized I said that out loud.
His hand released my jaw but the one holding my wrists remained. With his free hand, he wiped off the saliva on his cheek and flicked the glob into the corner of the room where it just disappeared into the floor.
Returning my attention back to the Leften, I just stared at him. His horns were pretty fucking big and I had the fleeting image of being impaled on one. I shuddered.
His ears flicked back, which made him look even more pissed off and his mouth was set in a firm line. If I didn't already hate him and all Leftens for what they did, I probably would actually find him handsome. His face was like something you would find in a magazine, but with accessories.
The thought made me want to laugh, but I didn't dare. I was already in deep shit.
I wasn't surprised when he brought a band up to my wrists, which tightened painfully as soon as it came in contact with my skin. I winced, but didn't say anything.
The Leften turned me to where I was facing away from him. My toes still barely touched the floor. I didn't like how awfully close he was either. I could feel the heat coming off of him and I didn't want to be anywhere near him.
I sucked in a sharp breath when I was pushed face first on the bed. As soon as I landed, he held me down with his hand on the back of my neck .
I struggled. I was so done with all this pushing around shit. When I realized I wasn't going to go anywhere like this I let out a frustrated growl and went limp.
As soon as I stopped the Leften spoke again. "You are now a talas. You're old life running through the forest is over."
He paused, as if expecting me to speak. I just kept quiet. I already knew that life was over. He continued after a moment.
"I'm your salas. The most direct translation is trainer. As soon as I think you're ready, you will be given to a clan. You will be their mate. You will give birth to their young."
He paused again before picking back up. "You can earn certain privileges and gain more freedom as you show that you can be trusted. If you disobey, you will be punished. I'll allow you to ask questions later, but first you will be punished for that little stunt you pulled."
He stepped away from me and his hand left my neck. As soon as he did, I scrambled onto my knees on the bed and turned to where I could see him. He was already striding out of the room before I could say anything. The wall materialized behind him as he left, locking me in. The band was still tight around my wrists.
I winced as I got into a more comfortable position on the bed. I thought about what he said and wanted to throw up.
So that's why they rounded up the women. To basically be breeders. It disgusted me. They were going to force me to do something that I don't even think I would be ready for with a human male. Why did they even need humans anyway? Don't they have their own women?
The feeling of dread was intense. I was helpless in a situation like this. I couldn't fight them. I didn't want to live a life where I was going to raped daily. Death seemed better than a life like that, but I couldn't just give up that easily. Maybe I could get a chance to get out of here. I don't know how to fly one of their ships, but I can definitely try.
My thoughts were interrupted as the Leften returned, carrying a soft sack in his hand. I eyed him warily as he approached and sank further away from him as much as I could. The wall was at my back so I couldn't go far, but at least I tried.
I flinched when the bag landed at my bare feet. The look he gave me made me want to piss myself.
That one look alone was enough to make me dread what was about to happen because I knew... this was going to fucking suck.