Chapter 12

I was left to hang from the ceiling for hours. The Leften came back once to take out the gag and the plug without saying a word. I didn't bother talking to him either.

I was not given any food or water and I didn't ask. I tried to stay on my feet for as long as I could. A few hours after he took the thing out of my ass I couldn't hold myself up anymore.

My arms were numb. My legs were numb. There was a deep ache that felt like it would never go away. I dozed off many times but could not stay asleep for long due to the agonizing cramps that would run through my arms.

I don't know how long he left me hanging but it had to have been over 24 hours. My eyes were so heavy. My head was spinning and I found myself confused as to where I was a few times after dozing off.

Eventually, the Leften came back. He stood behind me quietly. I couldn't see him and I didn't bother trying to. I was so tired. I was also ashamed. I didn't try hard enough to fight him off. If I did more than just bite him I probably could've gotten out of this situation. 

I was given plenty of time to think about my future. It seemed bleak after hanging from the ceiling with something up my ass and my jaw aching. If that was what I was to expect from my future, I wanted nothing to do with it.

I was probably going to be raped everyday. By more than one Leften. I'll be considered some sort of slave. It just seemed so miserable. I'd rather be running from them on Earth for the rest of my life, than forced to have their babies.

I had never even kissed a boy let alone have sex with one. And now my choices were being taken from me.

The Leften came around to my front. His bare chest filled my vision. I kept my head down and decided to keep my mouth shut.

I didn't react when he gripped my chin and tilted my head up. I met his stare head on and saw the fury on his face.

I didn't know why he was pissed. I didn't do shit.

He answered my unspoken question. "You are a lucky girl Scarlett."

My brows furrowed in confusion at the use of my name. I never told him my name.

He continued speaking and I tried my best to make sense of his every word.

"You are going to be taken out of transition and going straight to your new mates. They will continue your transition. Normally, that is not allowed. However, it is out of my power to prevent them from taking you before you are ready." He paused to take a deep breath. "You are a very lucky girl. No talas has had this privilege before. I could've had so much fun with you."

I shuddered from his words. Yeah no thanks bud. His words brought relief, but also dread. I was already going to my so called mates. They were probably just as bad as he was.

I groaned when my wrists were suddenly released. The band slipped from them as I crashed to the floor. I couldn't move from the cold floor as spasms traveled throughout my arms.

I just had to sit through it while my arms continued to get some blood back to flowing through them. My wrists were bruised and raw but I couldn't really inspect them enough to see how bad they were.

I didn't have the energy to fight him when the Leften grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder.

I was still naked as he carried me out of that damn room. I still couldn't bring myself to give a shit. Let them see. They're all fucking monsters anyway.

The Leften walked for a long time before we stopped in a room. By that time I was able to move my arms a little bit but not much.

The room had nothing in it besides another Leften. This one was considerably smaller than the one that was "training" me. He was only a little bit bigger than the average human male.

I was dropped onto the ground harshly. My back ached when I sat up. That was a long height to fall from. He was just being a dick at this point just to be one.

Once he dropped me he spoke to the Leften in their language that I couldn't understand. Then, he gave me one last lingering look before he was gone.

The Leften that I was left with grabbed my arm, pulled me up, and started dragging me through a new doorway. There was a long corridor with only one door at the end of it.

Upon reaching the only doorway in this hall, I was able to see a small shuttle. There were only two seats.

The Leften not-so-gently threw me into one of the seats and quickly activated some sort of seatbelt. Dark bands crossed my chest, securing me to the seat.

He quickly got into the other seat. I didn't bother trying to talk to him, but if we were going somewhere else there was a possibility I could escape. That gave me hope.

My stomach flipped when the shuttle disconnected from the main ship. Then, we were free falling. The sensation brought a wave of sickness over me. I was about to throw up everywhere.

Luckily, the sensation stopped before I actually threw up everywhere. There weren't any windows in the shuttle so I don't know how the Leften could see where he was going, but somehow he did.

We were smooth sailing for a while. I thought about trying to attack him but I couldn't figure out how to get the seatbelt undone to reach him. Eventually, I just decided to ask some questions.

"Where are we going," I rasped. It was a little hard to speak after not having water or food for so long.

The Leften ignored me but I didn't let that deter me. "Do you guys even have names?"

Still no answer. I sighed and looked at anything but the horns sprouting from his head. They were really fucking weird. He was like a goat, but meaner.

"Do you have any water? I haven't had any for a long time." I let a little desperation seep into my tone.

His ears twitched. So he is listening. He still didn't answer though.

"Please, just a little bit."

His ears twitched again and he reached down below his seat to grab something. He pulled out a metal flask.

I couldn't stop the small smile. Especially when he reached back towards me and I grabbed the flask from his hand. I tried to open it but it wouldn't screw open. My fingers skimmed the top and I jumped when it suddenly opened.

I guzzled the water like it was my last drink of a lifetime. It was cool and fresh and tasted amazing.

I drank every last drop.

When I finished, the Leften reached back an open hand. I dropped the flask into his hand. He shoved it under his seat and produced a small blanket and threw it back at me.

I sighed in relief when I got ahold of it and used it to cover myself. It provided some comfort to not be so exposed, but I still felt awkward.

Nevertheless, I was thankful. So I did something I didn't think I would ever do.

"Thank you."

The Leften's ear twitched again and he grunted in affirmation.

I didn't bother asking anymore questions.