Chapter 8- Part 2

I jerked awake when a hand latched onto my ankle. A cry was torn from my throat as I was dragged out into the hallway by a Leften I hadn't seen before.

The Leften was huge. He was big enough that he didn't even have to step into the room to grab me. He just snatched me from the hallway.

I tried to grab onto something that would prevent him from dragging me out of this room, but all I was able to get was a handful of my purple blanket.

Instinct drove me to kick out with my other leg and let out a shrill scream, but I only succeeded in him gripping my ankle tight enough that it felt like it was going to snap. When my foot started repeatedly connecting with his arm he grabbed my free ankle and restrained both in one hand.

I tried to stop by using my hands on the ground, but it was just pointless. It wasn't until I was in the hallway, sprawled out on my feet, with my ankles being held in the air, that he finally let me go. I went to scramble back into my room but my nose collided with a solid white wall where my room was.

I definitely did not prefer to be with this Leften. In a panic, I tried to make a run for it. I only got one hand on the ground to push myself up before my dirty shirt was clenched tightly in a fist and yanked to position right in front of the Leften. With a whimper I reached back to try and dislodge the hand, but a calm accented voice stopped me.

"Enough."

I didn't think the voice was trying to be threatening, but it was anyway. It was gravelly and definitely came from the large male behind me. I guess I forgot that they can speak English.

Logic caught up with me and I realized I did not want to fight this guy. I would lose. I didn't want to know what would happen when I would lose.

My thoughts were interrupted by him again. "Good. Stay calm, we're just getting you cleaned. Now walk. I don't want to drag you, but I will."

He spoke clearly and sternly, but still with a tone that sounded like he was talking to a wild animal. I didn't want to admit it, but it did make me a little less terrified. Just a tiny bit.

My feet started working when the fist against my back gave a gentle push. We walked out of the room containing hundreds of cells and back into a communal hallway. I tried to get a look around, but was stopped when a large hand pushed my head down where my eyes were on the floor.

So I guess I wasn't allowed to look. It pissed me off, but not enough to do something stupid.

With his manhandling, we eventually stopped in another brightly lit room with several stalls. The stalls were big to me but not for a Leften. They probably only had enough room to stand still in them. No way they could turn around comfortably.

I was marched up to one and was stopped right in front of it. It was a clear cylinder inside with blue tendrils snaking the clear walls. It was like lightning in a bottle, but instead of a bottle it was walls.

The hand against my back tightened and faster than I could process it my shirt was shredded on the ground. With a cry, I brought an arm against my chest and tried to step away from the Leften but was stopped from the hand against my pants.

My belt and pants were easily ripped with one pull. He gripped one pant leg and yanked, proceeding with the next one. I tried to get away, but I was pushed against the stall in front of me.

He wasted no time in taking care of my underwear and shoes until I stood completely naked. I tried to use my arms to cover myself but it didn't do much.

I whimpered when he stepped back. I once again tried to step around him and get away from him, but was stopped when a hand gripped me around the back of my neck and held me with my front against the wall.

A few tears slipped from my eyes and I couldn't stop the sob rising in my throat. This was humiliating. I couldn't see him, but I heard what sounded like typing. I didn't fight him. There was nothing I could do to him.

The wall in front of me opened and I was pushed inside. The wall immediately closed once I was in, leaving me sealed inside. The glass-like walls went from ceiling to floor. I had a decent amount of room to twist around, but not much.

I looked toward the Leften, but all I saw was a blurry shape outside the stall. The walls had turned cloudy and a slight mist was swirling through the air. My breaths started to come in rapidly and I couldn't help the rising panic. I didn't know what this was and this weird alien technology could do anything to me.

I retreated to the back corner of the stall and tried my best to calm my breathing. It took about 45 seconds before the mist cleared and the door opened again.

The Leften made a move to grab me again and I shrunk even more into the corner. I would rather stay here than go with him. That obviously did nothing. He snatched my wrist and pulled me out into the open.

A large tunic was pulled over my head. It was like a hospital gown. It was scratchy, but it covered me so I wasn't going to complain.

I threaded my arms through the holes in the tunic and adjusted my hair to where it wasn't in my eyes and I could see clearly.

My brows bunched in confusion when my hands met smooth clean hair instead of the knotted mess I had gotten used to. Looking down I assessed myself and saw my skin was spotless. Even my teeth felt cleaner.

My assessment was stopped short when the hand returned to the back of my neck and I was marched barefoot out of the room with my head down. We made several more twists and turns until we stopped in front of a room with an open doorway.

My blood turned cold when I got a look inside. My feet stopped when I saw all the equipment. It was obviously a medical room. I just didn't know why I was here.

I whimpered when another large Leften stepped around the corner and noticed me and the Leften holding me. He briskly walked to the table in the corner and patted it. It was obvious what he wanted.

I dug my heels into the ground. I was not going in that fucking room.