Chapter 14- Part 1

As it turns out, Latiqeunia was stunning. As soon as my eyes adjusted to the bright sun I was in awe.

Everything was so similar yet so different to Earth. The sky had a purple hue to it with thick clouds floating above us. Vines and purple weeds grew along the smooth ground around me.

I had the sudden sense that I wanted to explore. I wanted to see past the hunks of metal surrounding us because I knew it would just be beautiful.

The Leften grabbed my arm and dragged me along beside him. We passed ship after ship and I tried to keep my eyes on the sky, but I would keep having to look down to avoid tripping.

Eventually we cleared all the ships and approached a building. The building itself was shaped like two bungalows stacked on top of eachother with more purple vines and shrubbery growing all over it. Purple and blue flowers were in full bloom in some places on the vines and I wanted to stroke my finger across them.

I obviously didn't get to do that. Not with my hands still tied behind my back and the Leften holding my arm like I might slither away into dust.

We approached the building and the wall dematerialized into a doorway. Upon first glance, the space inside was minimal with only a few pieces of high tech furniture. It was also devoid of any Leftens.

There seemed to only be a small seating area and what looked like a drink stand, but I couldn't be sure. There were metallic cups sitting on it. I couldn't see anything that you could actually drink.

I flinched when a hand slid across the mask on my face. In shock, I watched as the mask disappeared into thin air. Literally, it just disappeared.

I gave a sharp glance at the Leften, but he wasn't looking at me. He was looking around the small room like he was trying to find something.

I wanted to ask for food, but decided not to. I was starting to feel tired and weary. I don't think I've eaten in over a day and my adrenaline was finally giving out. I had a suspicion the Leften probably wouldn't give a shit though.

I jumped when a voice barked something from behind us. The Leften turned us both towards the voice and my eyes took in another Leften. This one was terrifying.

He was huge. Much bigger than the one manhandling me. His horns were long and curled around his head like a ram. Black curly hair cushioned his horns. I could see his sharp fangs when he smiled in welcome at the Leften holding me.

They rapidly exchanged words I couldn't understand. I tried to follow, but it was just too much and I had no idea how they were even able to make some of the sounds.

I tuned them out and tried to adjust my arms. The band was a little tight and they were definitely starting to ache.

I tried to jerk my arm out of his hold, but he still had a death grip on my bicep. It didn't help that he was holding my arm up to where my body was forced at a weird angle to accommodate the stretch.

When I tried to jerk my arm again, he turned his head towards me. I watched in confusion when he released my arm and brought his hand towards my head.

I gasped when he sharply jerked my head back. One of his feet kicked mine from underneath me and my body made a sickening crack when it collided with the floor. I couldn't stop the groan that came out of my mouth.

That hurt like a bitch.

My ass and hip throbbed and my scalp felt like it was on fire from the hand still wrapped around my strands.

A leg brushed against my back and he pulled my head back until I was leaning against his leg. He finally released my hair and shoved my head forward and facing the ground. I didn't move.

The Leftens continued to converse while I sat at his feet like a dog. This went on for only a few minutes before the hand returned to my head and another one grabbed my arm.

I was yanked up quickly and then we were promptly following the other Leften.

We passed through the same doorway that we entered and the fresh air was like a slap to the face. It was something that I hadn't realized I needed until that moment but I didn't have time to bask in it.

I was marched swiftly over to another building where a type of transport was stationed outside. It was honestly kind of ugly. It reminded me too much of a hamster ball.

Once the other Leften opened the door I only saw one seat. My stomach sank when I thought of all the possibilities.

We approached the vehicle and I was pushed inside. However, I wasn't pushed into the seat.

My butt slammed into the floor and the Leften that brought me here clambered into the seat behind me. I barely had enough room to squeeze my legs in, with the Leftens legs caging my whole body in, before the door was promptly shut.

The position was tight and my legs already felt like they were being squashed. I tried to push myself back but couldn't go anywhere with the seat behind me. I looked up at the Leften hovering above me and gave him the meanest glare I could, but he wasn't even looking at me.

I couldn't see outside so I could only really look at the legs surrounding me and the hunk of metal directly in front of me.

I chose not to pay any attention to the Leften and tried to just ignore him.

After a while the pain from being folded up like I was became unbearable. I tried shifting around, but it did nothing to help.

Eventually, I tried settling my head back and tried to just relax. It started to work to an extent, but I couldn't stop trying to shift my legs quite often.

I let out a squeak of surprise when hands grabbed my waist and hauled me into his lap. I sat stiffly, but eventually stretched out my legs and groaned from the pins and needles in my legs.

My hands were also numb, but I didn't realize I had been sitting on them until it felt like they were on fire behind my back.

The Leften shocked me again when the band around my wrist released and he brought them to my front where he put the band back on them.

How considerate.

I wanted to scoff at him, but didn't have the energy to do so.

After that, he completely ignored me and I was totally fine with that. I couldn't stop myself from noticing the legs beneath mine. He didn't seem to be complaining and I was actually grateful that I didn't have to sit folded up like a pizza.

I tried to keep myself from leaning back into him and to just focus on the nature that we were whizzing by and a fairly fast speed. Faster than any car, but not enough to make my queasy.

We were passing everything too fast to really see a lot of the wildlife and plants that occupied this planet, but occasionally I could see a city on the horizon.

Eventually, my eyes started to feel super heavy. I was fighting to keep them open.

With a jerk, I jackknifed up to get off his chest. I dozed off for like five seconds and realized I had leaned back.

I did this over and over again before a hand wrapped around my throat and pushed me back onto his chest where I was forced to stay.

Funny enough, it didn't scare me. Instead, I was out like a light.