Chapter 27

Nai's car arrived at the destination and Lucas was amazed to see the outside. They're stopping in front of a grand big gate. When the guard saw Nai from the rolled-down window, the gate was opened and Lucas couldn't help himself from gasping at the sight behind the gate. They're freaking in front of a big mansion that designed like a royal Europe style. Lucas never knew there's such building build in this town.

When they're near to the mansion's lobby, there's a male waited for them. Nai slowed down the car and parked. He glanced at Lucas, almost let out a laugh when he saw Lucas's shocked face. "Get out, no one would open the door for you." Nai said in light tone. Lucas blinked and absentmindedly got out from the car, following Nai. Nai smiled to the male earlier and gave his key. The male nodded and got into the car, to park it in the specific space for guests. Lucas just watched, still shocked.

Nai walked to him. "Come on."

"Sir, whose mansion we're visiting? Whose birthday party...?"

"Oh, sorry that I assume you know. It's an acquaintance- ah, no, they're family. The lady of this mansion is my father and uncle's cousin, Meen Manita. The man she married who is also my father and uncle's best friend, it's his birthday party." Nai said as they walked towards the door. The door was opened from inside by two maids who gave their bow to both Nai and Lucas. Nai just greeted them with smile.

Lucas was about to ask the man's name when he saw the decoration along the way, there's pictures of the mansion's occupants. And Lucas recognized the eldest male in the picture. "Si- Sir Tim Ronakorn? You... are related to Vihokrata, the richest family of the town?" Lucas asked in disbelief. Nai glanced at his assistant.

"Oh, I thought you know. I mean, you have been working in our company for sometimes..."

Lucas shook his head. "How would I know? I'm just a mere worker in Administration. Not in the higher managerial."

Nai nodded slightly. "That's true too. Yeah, not much know that Aunty Meen is my father's cousin anyway. But surely, some might know that Dechaphatthanakun and Vihokrata's current patriarch are friends." Nai commented. Lucas didn't say anything as he's still digesting that he's inside the mansion of a very rich and respectful family. Both of them finally reached the door that they're directed to by the sign along the hallway.

Nai opened the door and stepped in. Lucas walked behind Nai a bit hesitating but put his professional façade upfront. They're entering a hall. "Nai, you have arrived, son." Someone called Nai when they're inside. Nai turned and saw his mother who came closer to him.

"You're here, mom." The lady smiled as she hugged her son. Nai just gave a hug back with a soft smile on his face. Lucas who watched from the side felt a bit warm to see the gentle love between the mother and son. "'Where's dad?"

"Somewhere with P'Waan. I'm with your Aunty Meen earlier but she went upstairs to find the man of the night." The lady noticed Lucas. "You come with?" She asked her son. Nai noticed his mother looked at Lucas.

"Oh, I was out for a meeting earlier with my assistant. We came with my car so I just bring him here because it will take a while if I have to turn back. Mom, this is Lucas, my assistant. Lucas, my mom." Nai introduced. Lucas gave a polite wai and the lady smiled warmly.

"Hello, Lucas. I hope my son didn't give you much headache. He can be handful sometimes, I know." The lady said. Lucas just smiled awkwardly while Nai looked at his mother.

"Mom."

The lady chuckled and turned to Lucas. "You can tell me anything, Lucas. If he made your work hard, let me know." She said winking to Lucas. Lucas just gave a smile. Nai shook his head and decided to distract his mother's attention away by taking her towards the group of ladies at the corner whom he knew as his mother's acquaintances. Lucas just watched them walked away and felt awkward suddenly being left alone near the entrance.