Chapter 26

Tee stepped into the white building. It had been a while since he last came here, few weeks or so. That meant he hadn't seen his brother that long as well since he lived at the dorm now. He started to be busy with classes and assignments while his brother also busied with the hospital as the other paediatrician worked together with him just resigned and they're lack of staff.

Tee had a bit free time today so he decided to come and visit his brother also his father. He walked through the familiar hallway and few nurses who knew him greeted him along the way. "Visiting your father, nong?"

"Krub. I will see my brother too later." Tee replied politely as he walked. The nurses just gave a nod. Tee went into one of the wards to see his father, staying and talking a bit as usual even though he didn't receive any reply from the older male. But talking to his father made him calm and felt lighter.

After giving a kiss on his father's hand, he bade a goodbye to his father and proceeded to find his brother. He found Benji when he's in the paediatric section of the hospital. The two greeted and updated each other's life as they hadn't met for quite some time. Benji offered to walk with Tee to Yim's whereabout as he told Tee that Yim went to do his round earlier and probably stopped by the kids' playroom.

The two walked and talked about some trivial matters until they arrived at the playroom. Both of them looked inside and found Yim was sitting while reading a fairy tale book where there are few kids sat around him. Tee smiled at the sight while Benji pulled Tee to walk inside.

Yim heard the coming steps and glanced over while reading the next paragraph to the kids. He then paused when he realized his younger brother is there. "Tee!" Tee smiled. Maybe because it had been few weeks, Yim didn't stop himself from getting up and hug Tee when they're around the kids and other people. Tee chuckled as he hugged his elder brother.

"Hi, P'Yim."

"Ah, Tee. I miss you, how are you? You're okay right?" Yim said releasing the younger and began inspecting his brother. Tee frowned lightly and then chuckled.

"P'Yim, I'm here, right? So, I'm fine. Sorry, I hadn't given you a call or something these days. It's so hectic." Tee said stopping his brother from fussing over him. Benji just shook his head, knowing how the two brothers behaved with each other. He then gave a sign to both brothers that he will leave for his own work. Yim and Tee gave a nod of understanding.

The kids were looking at the adults blinking in confusion. Some of them might have met Tee before but it had been a while so they might not recognize Tee quickly. One of the kids got up and walked to Yim, pulling his white coat.

Yim felt that and turned. He smiled to the little girl. "Yes, nong?"

"Who?" The girl asked. Yim smiled and matched his height to the girl.

"N'Ai, this is P'Yim's younger brother, Tee." Yim said and Tee smiled to the little girl. Ai looked up at Tee and then smiled wide. Tee found that smile cute but familiar too. Even so, he didn't get to think further when Ai moved closer to him and tugged his shirt.

"Is P'Tee a hero like P'Yim too?" Ai asked innocently. Tee blinked. Yim chuckled.

"No, my brother didn't work here. He just came to visit." Yim explained. Seemed to get what Ai was asking, Tee nodded to Ai.

"Yes, P' is still studying and currently lived at the dorm. So, P' hasn't seen P'Yim for some weeks already, that's why P' came here." Tee said smiling at Ai. Ai nodded and let go Tee's shirt. Tee then realized the other kids were looking at them so he decided to get the kids' attention asking if they want to continue the story. They're cheering for more and then Tee said that he will continue to read for them with his brother. The kids were nodding, some started to remember Tee after hearing Tee is their doctor's brother.