Chapter 5

"Lung Nai!" Nai looked up from his book and smiled. A little three years old girl with two ponytails came running and crashing at his leg. Nai set the book to his side and picked up the girl to sit on his lap.

"Hello, princess. How are you jaa?" Nai asked as he poked her baby cheeks. The girl moved away and pouted. Nai just chuckled at the cuteness.

"Ai is fine, lung. What are you doing?" The girl, Ai asked peering at the book beside Nai. Nai just smiled.

"Just reading adult stuff. Did you come alone? Where's your dad?" Nai asked. Ai looked around directing her eyes at the entrance she came in before.

"Papa is outside talking with Pops Waan." Ai answered. Nai nodded lightly, perhaps his friend and his uncle were talking about the company as usual. He then looked at the girl.

"Are you hungry, Ai? Lung thinks grandmama prepare something for you." Nai told her. Ai nodded and wanted to get down to the kitchen but Nai just picked her up as he stood up. Ai giggled as she was carried on Nai's shoulder.

"Ao, Nong Ai has arrived na." A lady's voice ran inside the kitchen as the two stepped inside. Ai clapped her hands and asked Nai to put her down. Nai followed and let Ai ran to his aunty. "How are you, baby?"

"Ai is fine, grandmama." Ai said cheerily. "Lung said grandmama made something for me?" The lady smiled.

"Yes, I just finish bake your favourite chocolate cake. Grandmama prepares it when your papa said you're coming here for lunch today." Ai squealed to the mention of her favourite dessert. Nai just smiled at the little girl attic.

"Ai wants!"

"Not now, baby. After lunch, okay? It's still hot."

"How long is lunch?" Ai asked innocently. The lady looked up at the time.

"It's near. How about Ai go and get your papa to come for lunch? Your papa with pops, right?" The lady asked. Ai nodded. She then went away to call for the adults, excited to get lunch quickly so that she could eat the cake. "Nai, come help me with the food."

"Ok krub, bpaa." Nai said and moved as directed by his aunty. The two prepared the table and then joined by the two males and the girl later at the table.

"Papa, let's eat now. Ai wants the cake after lunch." Ai said cutting the two males' talk. The lady chuckled at her enthusiasm while Nai just smiled.

"Right, N'Ikk, honey. You guys can continue the business talk later. Let's eat now." The lady said to Ai's father, Ikk and her husband. Ikk nodded and tapped his daughter's head fondly. They then started to eat. Nai's uncle, Waan gave his fully attention on the young girl. Even though Ikk and Ai are not his blood-related. Waan always thought Ikk as his own son and Ai is his only granddaughter. His wife thought so too.

Waan and his wife unfortunately were not blessed with a kid. They always wished for their own child but it's not working, the wife had few times conceiving but miscarriage later that it became harmful to her own health thus their doctor advised to let it go. For the health reason, they reluctantly gave up. Even though they longed for their own kid, Waan and his wife had Nai to dote on later. Nai's father is Waan's younger brother. The younger brother knew Waan's struggle for kids thus he decided to let Nai had two sets of parents since young. Nai really closed to his uncle's family and currently lived with them as his own parents now had moved back to their hometown in the southern area.

Nai and Ikk were best friend since baby as Nai's parents were a close friend to Ikk's mother – Ikk never met his father. So, the two boys were together almost all the time as they lived nearby. Ikk always visited Nai's house growing up and slowly warmed up to the family as well. He's a very good child that in the end, Nai's family couldn't help doting on him too where eventually leading to Waan unofficially adopted Ikk in a way. Waan and his wife even decided to help Ikk in every way they could as Ikk was raised only by his mother. Ikk was very thankful for the couple and be a successful person to help them back. He did think of the couple as his parents too. He even addressed Waan as por outside the office and the lady as mae. The bond between them and their feelings are mutual and strong. Ikk didn't stay with them in the same house but spent most of the time at there because when he went to work, he will leave Ai with the lady.