Chapter 10

It's just another day working for Nai and his team. They're near to close the second quarter of the year that made the whole Administrative Department is busy with their work. Every quarter end, they will have an audit so there's many things to be done with preparing for that audit. Lisa was sorting files on her table when she heard her name being called by Lucas.

"Kha, P'?" Lisa turned to Lucas. Lucas wasn't looking at her but waved a file in his hand.

"The documents in this file need to be sorted into the archive file. I need a help. You know what to do." Lucas said. Lisa nodded and moved to take the file. Lucas thanked her without looking as he was busy with another file on his other hand.

Kin was also reviewing file in his hand at his desk. The daily data key-in was handed to Tee fully. All the seniors were busy for the audit so it's quite a relief that they had the intern to help them doing the other tasks. "Um, P'Kin." Tee called out as he looked at the invoice in his hand.

"Yes?"

"Is this misplaced? It dated yesterday." Tee said. Kin looked up from his file and moved closer to Tee. He looked at the paper in Tee's hand, checking the date. He frowned.

"Try to search the invoice number. If no record, key-in this to the system and keep it separate. We need to cross check with the yesterday's report. We will look at it again. But if there's a record in the system, take the invoice to Lisa and inform her about it." Kin said. Tee nodded and continued his work. Kin watched the intern for a moment before doing his things again.

At the same time Nai came out from his room, face quite tight. "Khun Lucas." Lucas startled by Nai's voice next to his table. He turned quickly.

"Yes, sir."

"Yesterday's report is not tally. Have you check before you submit to me?" Nai asked mockingly. Lucas frowned. The report wasn't done by him nor he's the one who submitted it.

"I will look at it again, sir." Lucas took the file from Nai and placed it on his table. He didn't say what in his mind. He's exhausted to argue actually. There're too many in his plate at the moment. He needed some energy and he's not going to waste it on Nai.

"Do your stuff right. It's the week of audit." Nai said quite loud for everyone to hear. They stopped their work and glanced at each other. "Return that file to me as soon as you fix it." Nai said to Lucas who just nodded. He then glanced through the office and then went back into his office.

Lucas sighed as he looked back at the file he was working on earlier. He's manually counting something, now that he forgot where he stopped, he had to start all over again. He cursed inward.

Upon hearing Nai's word to Lucas earlier, Kin already connected the dot from the matter Tee told him earlier. He moved closer again to Tee. "Where is that invoice?"

Tee startled but quickly took the invoice to Kin. "Here, P'Kin. It's not in the system, I just finish key in."

"Okay, I will take it from here. You continue to key in the rest, if anything, just tell me." Kin said as he took the paper from Tee. Tee nodded. Kin scanned through the receipt and frowned at the name signed on it. He looked around and spotted his eyes on their teammate who seated farthest from him. That guy was looking around as well and immediately looked away when their eyes met. Kin's lips twitched a bit. He made his way to Lucas' desk.

"P'." Lucas hummed, not able to look at Kin. "Tee found an invoice from yesterday. Check in system, it's not key in yet. He just key in the data." Lucas paused from his work, this time made a mark so that he won't forget. Lucas then looked at Kin.

"So, the report is really not tally." Lucas said. Kin nodded.

"I will handle that for you, I know you have other things to do. These reports are not your task." Lucas sighed and nodded.