Looking down at my watch as soon as I hear
another paining groan. "6 minutes."

"They last how long?"

"50 seconds." I answer.

"Has her water broke?" She questions. 

I rush outside and see a pool of water around River's chair. "Yes."

"Okay, since River is going through premature labour we need to monitor her immediately. Get her to the hospital as soon as possible and I'll meet you there." She says, shuffling in the background.

When Lily hangs up I immediately call Theo.

"Babies. In arrivo. Guards. River. Hospital. Theo!" I don't even make out a sentence as I help River up.

"Jesus Christ! Okay, okay, I've got everything under control over here, man. I'll tell Alea to meet you there." Then the line goes dead.

So fucking glad he understood whatever the fuck just came out of my mouth.

"Get the goddamn bags from upstairs." River hits me.

"Right. Right!" I let her go and let her stand on her own.

I run inside the house and run up the steps, skipping three at a time. I run into the somewhat made up nursery and grab the hospital bags.

Since River's having twins, it is a possibility that she
would be having a premature pregnancy and me
being an anxious and paranoid father, I packed bags.

Maybe I overpacked but that's beside the point.

I also grab some books for River knowing at some
point she'll yell at me for not bringing any.

She lets out another pain filled groan and I rush downstairs.When the 50 seconds are over we rush to the car and I help her in.

I reverse out of the driveway, the gate still being open, and speed down the road, probably breaking multiple laws.

"I'm going to kill you Ace!"

xXx

We've been in the hospital for nearly five hours.

Soft music plays in the background of River's hospital room. She says that music helps calm her down along with my voice so I've been talking to her about anything and everything.

Her forehead rests on my chest, my arms draped around her waist and my head resting on top of hers as we sway side to side.

"Try the ball again babe." Alea says, patting the yoga  ball next to her. River wanted her to be here when she gives birth because Alea is her best friend.

She slowly moves over to the ball and holds my hand as she lowers herself down onto it. She starts rocking side to side on it, laying her head on my abdomen.

The door to our room suddenly opens and a nurse walks in. "Lets see how dilated you are now hun." She says, smiling warmly at River.

I help her off the ball and gently lay her down on to the hospital bed. The nurse puts on gloves and rolls her chair towards the bed.

"About 7 cm dilated." She says, taking her gloves off and throwing them in the bin. "I'll check back in half an hour." She smiles and leaves the room.

I sit down on the chair beside River's bed and lay my forehead on our intertwined hands, closing my eyes and sighing softly. Using her other hand, River trails her fingers through my hair.