Sorting Hat.

Crystal was reading the book and was unaware of her surroundings, when the door opened and in stepped some boys. A throat clearing voice was heard and she looked up from her book to see Draco Malfoy, standing there with two chubby boys. She smiled at him, and waved. Returning the gesture, he took seat with her, and the other boys took seat opposite to them. "What are you reading, Ms. Bookworm." Draco asked playfully and she giggled while replying, "Hogwarts. A History. Its really good book." "Indeed it is.' He smirked and then pointed towards the boys, 'Well meet Gregory Goyle, and Vincent Crabbe." They all waved each other, and then sat in comfortable silence. Till the door was opened again, and a bushy haired girl with her first two teeth slightly bigger then others, was looking at them. "Hello. Have anyone among you seen a toad, a boy named Neville lost it." She asked. She was wearing robes and school uniform, and looked at them. "No, we haven't. Sorry." Crystal replied and she nodded her head in defeat, and closed the door.
Looking at each other, the boys laughed and Crystal looked at them as if they are crazy.

When they reached the station, they were told to board the boat, and then were led by a Giant, to the other side of the lake. After that, they were led to a grand stair case, where a woman in robes was standing looking sternly at them all.
"Welcome to Hogwarts, I'm your Professor, you can call me, Professor McGonagall,' said Professor McGonagall. 'The start of term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room. The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rulebreaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours. The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting." After a minute or two, she returned and led them all inside. There were whispers of awe around her and Crystal was fascinated with everything. The same bushy haired girl was still talking in the background, but Crystal payed no mind to her.
The sorting began, and she zoned out most of them. Then she heard her name.
"Crystal Fawley."
She nervously went to the front, and sat on the tool. The hat was placed on her head, and then he spoke to her.
"Hmm. A perfect combination of both the parents. Curious, informative, loyal, cunning, brave. Hmm where to put you. Gryffindor?. No. You are not that brave. Hufflepuff, like your family. No. Ah, yes. Your thirst for knowledge is overpowering everything else. Better be. RAWENCLAW."
The Ravenclaw table cheered for her and she smilingly went and took a seat.

Her year, so far was very nicely going, most of her time was spend reading books. She had made good friendship with Slytherins' mostly because of Draco. Pansy Parkinson, and Daphne Greengrass, were the girls she was friends with, outside her house. Her only friend from her house, was, Daisy Sayre, a Pureblooded Witch. Occasionally she saw the same bushy haired brunette girl, in the library, thinking to befriend her, as her knowledge for books was driving her towards the girl. But when she told the girls about her view, Pansy said in disgust, "Not at all. She's Hermione Granger, a Mudblood. We don't associate with such people." Crystal knew that her mother will not allow such people as her friends, so she dropped the matter.

It was Halloween, a feast was going on in the Great Hall, but Crystal had excused herself, and went to the girls' bathroom. Unknown to her, Hermione was also in there, crying because of Ronald Weasley. She heard someone sniffling but before she could say anything, she heard the door click, and the person went out. It was silence for a moment and then a high pitched scream was heard. Crystal didn't know what to do and in haste opened the door to come face to face with the troll. She looked at it and screamed. The troll went to attack both the girls and both ended up under the sink, at different positions. Ronald Weasley and Harry Potter came to rescue Hermione Granger and she held her breath, and kept herself hidden but of no use. The troll's attention went from the three children to her, and he smashed the sink area, expliciting a scream from Crystal. "Help me!." She screamed and all three of them tried to grab the attention of the troll. Eventually defeating the troll, Hermione helped Crystal from under the rubble, with Crystal's one hand on the head and other in Hermione's hand.

"Are you alright?." Harry asked Crystal, just then Minerva McGonagall, Severus Snape and Quirinus Quirrell came into the bathroom and a gasp escaped from McGonagall, while she saw Crystal's bloody hand.  "Ms. Fawley. Are you alright?." McGonagall asked her, but her vision blurred and she blacked out. Snape stepped forward and gently picked her up and addressed to McGonagall, "Take everyone back to their common room, I will take Ms. Fawley to the hospital wing." "See what happens when you don't take our warnings seriously." McGonagall said to the three children from her house. Leading them back to their common room, McGonagall and other teachers went to the hospital wing to check on Crystal's condition.

In the Ravenclaw common room, Daisy Sayre was pacing and looking at the door every now and then, expecting Crystal but she didn't came. The door of the common room opened and in stepped Professor Flitwick, who had a very grim face. "The students of Ravenclaw. Please can I have your attention. As you all know that a troll was seen entering the Hogwarts, which was actually headed to the girls bathroom. The troll has been taken care of, courtesy Mr. Potter, but a student was injured in the process. A fellow Ravenclaw, Ms. Fawley." Gasps were heard all around the room and Daisy went still at the thought of Crystal being injured. 'Now now, everybody. She will be alright. Madam Pomfrey is expert in these situations. Now off to bed all of you. And Ms. Fawley's mother will be informed about her health, also her friends can meet her tomorrow."

The next day, Anna came to the school, and rushed to the hospital wing to meet her daughter. Crystal was sleeping, and that made Anna even more worried. "Ms. Fawley, your daughter is fine. She's just asleep. She's even responding to the potions quickly." Dumbledore said to make Anna a little less worry for Crystal. "But Albus, how did this happen?." Anna demanded the answer. Dumbledore told her about the troll incident, and how Harry Potter and his friends helped Crystal. She sat there on the side of the bed, and held her daughter's hand. "Sweety. Wake up. Mom is here." Anna said in pained voice. Eyes misty, she saw that there were some children coming near her daughter's bed. "I'm Daisy Sayre. We're Crystal's friends." "Im Pansy Parkinson." "I'm Daphne Greengrass." "I'm Draco Malfoy." They all introduced themselves to her, but her eyes lingered and widened on Draco. "Don't worry Ms. Fawley, she will be alright." Draco told her politely. Anna smiled at them all, but her hand felt a squeeze, and looked at her daughter. "Mom?." Crystal said in low voice. "Yes Sweety, it's me." Anna said, and helped her sitting up. Crystal hugged her tightly and cried in her embrace. When she calmed, she looked to her friends and smiled at them.