2.5 | The Pack

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I'm right here, Paul. Look at me, I'm here," Anna assured him as she gently placed her hand between his ears, Paul relaxed into her touch. "You should've told me I was your imprint," Anna told him with a small smile, Paul moved closer and let her run her fingers through his fur. "He wasn't sure how you'd react," Sam spoke for Paul, Anna looked to the Alpha with a subtle nod. "I'm not well versed with Imprints," Anna told Sam who smiled lightly. "Jared go with Paul," Sam told Jared who sighed before walking towards Paul who whined lowly. "I'll be here when you get back," Anna promised the large wolf, he nuzzled against her hand before rushing off into the woods.

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Anna followed Sam into an office, he pulled out a chair for her before sitting in his own. "An Imprint is a connection between a wolf and someone who they are destined to protect," Sam began as he relaxed in his seat, Anna listening intently to him. "Some develop romantic connections with their Imprints such as Emily and I while others maintain a strict sibling bond," Sam continued gazing at a photo of him and Emily. "It's not like love at first sight, really. It's more like, gravity moves, suddenly. It's not the earth holding you here anymore, she does. You become whatever she needs you to be, whether that's a protector, or a lover, or a friend," Sam expressed in words that made sense.

"And its involuntary, only known in this tribe specifically but rejecting an Imprint has never happened," Sam finished off as he watched Anna for a specific reaction; rejection. "I won't reject him, Sam. But... I am Jasper's mate, I know it in my heart and..." Anna trailed off when another voice spoke up, "Did he make you happy?" Anna turned her head to Paul who held no malice in his gaze, his eyes soft almost as though he was talking to his little sister. "Yes. He never hurt me once," Anna answered with the utmost truth. "I guess I finally got an older brother, huh?" Anna asked with a smile, Paul smiled back as Sam laughed. "At least we have someone who'll be able to calm him," Jared spoke up from behind Sam making them all laugh.

Anna spent the rest of the day with the pack, she told them about herself and they all gave her their stories of how they changed. And for the first time since Jasper left her behind in Forks for the sake of Edwards stupid orders, Anna felt happy and safe. Anna realised why she was okay with her mate leaving. She wasn't born to be co-dependent on her other half, she needed to learn how to live as herself. She loved Jasper, that she knew but now, she had to love herself and it would take time but she wasn't alone. She had the Pack, her sister, her dad and her friends so she'd get through it.

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

My love,

A lot has happened since you left.
Bella's doing better, she's been spending time with Jacob building motorbikes. While I got thrown off of my own by a female Nomad but the pack came to my rescue.

Speaking of the pack, Paul Lahote imprinted on me and he's already playing the overprotective big brother. It's nice, new but nice. And the pack has been so kind, they've looked out for me since you left.

It's been hard, I will admit.
There are moments where I look over my shoulder hoping to see you smiling at me but you aren't there. At night, I feel so lonely without you next to me, holding me while telling me stories about your mother, sisters and the adventures you had been on with the Olympic Coven.

But I have to be strong.
Also, I learnt something about myself.
Della Freya. A powerful witch Goddess.
The pack are finding answers but they believe that Bella and I could be a descendant of her. I've been thinking about reaching out to Grandma Rose, she may have the answers I seek.

Be warned, cowboy.
You might be mated to a witch.
Anyway, I miss you.
I love you. For eternity.

Annabeth x

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Rosemary Speaks

I firmly believe that Imprints are platonic unless the Imprinter and Imprintee decide to take the next step in their relationship. So Paul imprinting on Annabeth is purely platonic and he will play the overprotective older brother so I look forward to Jasper's return and his confrontation with Paul because its gonna be interesting to write.

Anyway, I love the pack so much but I'm not sure what to write about with them. So is there anything you want to see before we jump into the storyline of New Moon? Let me know!

See you next chapter!