4.14 | Era of Peace

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Alice let go of Aro's hand as he stumbled back slightly, his eyes flitting over to Anna who knew exactly what Alice had shown him. "Now you know. That's your future unless you decide on another course," Alice told him after a beat of silence. "We cannot alter our course. The child still poses a grave threat," Caius spoke. "But what if you were sure she could remain concealed from the human world? Could we leave in peace?" Edward asked from where he stood. "Of course. But that cannot be known," Caius responded as Edward and Anna shared a look. "Actually, it can," Anna said before two more witnesses walked out from the woods.

"I've been searching for witnesses of my own among the Ticuna Tribes of Brazil," Alice explained, Anna smiled at the presence of the two new witnesses. "We have enough witnesses," Caius commented. "Let him speak, brother," Aro told Caius before focusing on the man before them. "I am half human, half vampire. Like the child. A vampire seduced my mother, who died giving birth to me. My aunt Huilen raised me as her own. I made her immortal," Nahuel explained to Aro himself. "How old are you?" Bella asked. "A hundred and fifty years," Nahuel answered easing Bella and Edward's fears of Renesmee dying.

"At what age did you reach maturity?" Aro asked Nahuel. "I became full-grown seven years after my birth. I have not changed since then," Nahuel answered him, Anna leaned her head on Jasper's shoulder. "And your diet?" Aro questioned further. "Blood, human food. I can survive on either," Nahuel responded. "These children are much like us," Marcus commented, the silent King did not want a battle. "Regardless, the Cullens have been consorting with werewolves. Our natural enemies," Caius spoke up. "I am Imprinted on by a shifter, Caius. They are no foe of ours," Anna spoke up as she ran her fingers through Paul's fur.

Aro turns to his army, "Dear ones, there is no danger here. We will not fight today." Some of the Volturi do not hide their disappointment, including Jane but they all listen to Aro and quickly leave the clearing. "Such a prize," Aro states looking at Bella and Anna before he too turns and leaves with his people. Anna turns to Declan and nods to the Warlock, he smiles back before he makes his way towards the direction the Volturi left in; only to be surprised when Demetri appears and grabs his hand, the two leaving together. Anna turned to Jasper and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, "Faith, huh?" Jasper laughed before kissing the side of her head.

"We have them on the run. Now is the time to attack!" Vladimir exclaims. "Not today," Carlisle tells him as the others relax, happy that no fight would happen. "You're all fools! The Volturi might be gone. But they will never forgive what happened here. They'll come for you, Della Freya," Stefan voiced as he glared at her. "They won't, Stefan, Vladimir. It is a time of peace, Aro knows he will meet his death facing us," Anna told them, the words only angered them more before they turned and left in a fit of rage, the rest rejoicing over the fact they did not need to fight against the Volturi.

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

"You had me worried for a while," Anna told Alice as the two stood on the balcony watching as their family said their farewells to their friends. Anna's eyes were focused on Jasper who was talking to Peter and Charlotte, the nomads were always welcome to Anna and Jasper's home whenever they wished to visit. "You doubted me?" Alice asked her sister who grinned. "I would never doubt you, Alice," Anna told her before taking in a deep breath of air. "So, what's the next step then?" Alice asked Anna who smiled before looking at Alice. "I could use your help preparing for my wedding," Anna told Alice whose smile widened.