3.11 | New Species

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Anna gasped as her lungs burned for air, she sat up from the bed and took in greedy breaths of air before opening her eyes. Her usual light blue eyes were darker with a mist of grey but if you looked close enough, the color mix was unnatural and inhuman. The environment was completely different to Annabeth, she could physically see the specks of dust in the air along with hear the subtle steps of a deer in the forest possibly miles away. Anna turned her head at the slight creak of the floor, her focused was on Jasper who seemed to glow slightly in a way that made Anna smile. Her sight was clearer than ever, she felt light as a feather and in perfect peace with her body.

"How are you feeling?" Edward asked with his own smile, Anna's mind was reeling and loud to him yet he was amused by her clear excitement about her change. "Alive..." Anna responded, her voice was softer than normal. Jasper watched as Anna stood from the bed, she moved towards them but was stunned when she practically rushed into Jasper. "She has the vampire speed," Edward said with a chuckle, Jasper held Anna who smiled sheepishly. "Uh, that wasn't my intention," Anna told them before laughing to herself. "There are a lot of things different about you now," Edward said before looking from Anna to Jasper, he nodded to himself.

"We'll leave you to it," Edward said knowing Jasper wanted to be with her alone. Bella was hesitant but she knew that Anna would need to get used to her new capabilities while learning exactly what she could and couldn't do. "This is different," Anna told Jasper as she placed her left hand on the side of his face, the warmth coming from her made him smile; the familiar feeling was comforting after the five agonising days without her. "You should see your eyes, darling," Jasper replied to her as he brushed her hair behind her ear, "They remind me of the deep blue of the ocean under moonlight mixed with the misty early morning fog." Anna blushed at the words, he led her over to the mirror.

"We have no clue what exactly I am, do we?" Anna asked Jasper who shook his head, wrapping his arms around her from behind. "I don't care either way. I'm just happy to have you in my arms again," Jasper whispered to her before he kissed her neck gently. He felt no temptation for her blood at all and based off of the usual thirst the others felt with the twins around, he could tell they no longer found her blood appetising. "You appear fairly human which could be due to the witch part of you but the question is... do you feel thirsty?" Jasper asked hesitantly. Anna swallowed after he asked and immediately her throat felt like sandpaper.

Jasper felt the change instantly, the thirst coming off of Anna was all he needed to understand she desired blood like any Vampire does. "Come on," Jasper grabbed her hand and the two vamp-sped out of the house and into the woods. "How good is your hunting skills?" Jasper asked Anna with a smirk, the blonde rolled her eyes. "Terrible..." Anna replied to him before she felt the presence of a buck nearby while Jasper had picked up on scent of human blood. He was left stunned when Anna rushed off in the direction of the buck rather than the person, she sunk her teeth into the bucks neck allowing her body to take its fill.