1.9 | Truth's Out

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

"Vampire..." Anna breathed out but the sudden recoil from Jasper confirmed it for her. "How did you?" Jasper asked as he turned to look away from her. "You aren't the first I've met," Anna told him truthfully. "And that's why you're so calm," Jasper replied as he leaned back in his seat. "Actually... I'm always calm around you," Anna told Jasper truthfully.

Jasper looked at Anna with a raised brow as he focused on her, "Is that so, darlin'?" Anna let out a slow breath, the word felt right coming from him. "You shouldn't call me that," Anna whispered with flushed cheeks. "But I like how you react to it, darlin'," Jasper teased, he felt good knowing she didn't fear him as a vampire though he was intrigued by her past.

An involuntary shiver went down Anna's spine as she licked her lips, she turned her head to look at Jasper, the Southern vampire already looking at her. Deciding to take a leap of faith, Anna leaned closer to him but stopped just a few inches from his lips giving him the opportunity to close the distance. Jasper was hesitant before he leaned in, their kiss was gentle and unsure.

And like that, Earth was back on its axis and everything seemed to fall into place. As Jasper placed his hands on either side of her face ─ deepening the kiss ─ their environment fell away for Anna. She could've sworn that the space between them exploded, her heart skipping beats consistently as she finally understood the meaning behind; Home isn't a place, It's a person.

As Jasper lightly bit down on her lip, pulling back from the kiss knowing she needed air, Anna felt ruined in the best way possible. Jasper Hale had ruined Annabeth Swan in that very moment, no one else would ever be able to make Anna feel that way and she was completely okay with knowing that. He wasn't her addiction ─ he was her life source.

"Wow..." Anna breathed out with her eyes still closed, her first kiss felt like rain in a drought. Before Anna could open her eyes, Jasper's lips pressed against hers again in a hungry fever. His hands moved to her hips as she climbed over onto his lap, careful of the steering wheel behind her. Anna's left hand rested on the side of Jasper's face while her right hand moved behind his head, tightening in his hair.

Both of them melted into one another like two puzzle pieces, their mouths messed together in a constant motion of teeth, tongues and lips. It felt like the moon was shining directly on them, they were the only two people in the world that mattered. And soon enough, Anna's lungs began screaming for air resulting in her pulling away and gasping in some air.

Jasper began kissing her jaw, the euphoric feeling he got in her presence sent him insane compared to the usual mess of emotions and cravings he was surrounded by daily. Anna closed her eyes letting out a quiet moan when Jasper nipped at the skin of her neck, and like a sudden snap of realization, Jasper pulled back fearfully leaving Anna confused.

"What's wrong?" Anna asked, her voice was hoarse from the heated kiss and the overall breathless situation. "We shouldn't... I could hurt you... We need to stop," Jasper told her, Anna noticing the ache on both sides of her waist once Jasper dropped his hands. "I didn't even notice," Anna whispered to him before resting her hand on the side of his face again.