3.10 | Transition

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Anna looked peaceful as she laid on the bed but underneath that, her veins were burning from the venom spreading throughout her body in a way that would drop a man to his knees in seconds. Jasper only left his side when he needed to hunt, he had overheard Alice's excitement about preparing for Bella and Edwards wedding in a month; enough time to both ensure plenty of prep time and that Anna would be there as Bella's maid of honor. Admittedly, Jasper felt envious of them despite the knowledge that Anna would survive. Alice had a vision a day after the battle where she saw Jasper and Anna together but she didn't get a look at their faces so she couldn't confirm the vampire part.

The family had recieved a letter from the Volturi regarding Anna's situation, Aro sending his condolences and prayers for a speedy recovery but they weren't fooled by his "kindness", he was unhappy with Anna's survival and the coven's growth. However, he seemed happy hearing about Bella's future transition, knowing a time was set allowed everyone to relax. But Jasper paid no mind to any of it as he sat by the bed reading Anna's favourite books to her as the hours passed slowly. Edward had been focused on trying to listen to any possible thoughts that may echo from Anna's mind but it was silent in a way that unnerved him though he didn't tell anyone.

Paul had been to visit twice in the two days that Anna had been ─ as Alice calls it ─ asleep. The pack had sent him with flowers for the second visit, they had practically demanded that he tell Anna about what they had been up to. Bella had taken this time to truly appreciate the impact her little sister had on everyone, the positive attitude and understanding between the natural enemies was something that she had been told was near impossible. It was something that Esme had been hoping for, she only wanted peace between the two sides and the pack seemed to absolutely love her cooking she had sent back with Paul. Seth had even been to visit to collect some baked goods, the boy getting along with Bree who needed a friend.

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Bella had found the envelopes in Anna's room, she frowned as she realised that Anna had a feeling she wouldn't survive the fight. Bella held the envelope with her name on it in her hand and stared at it, she sat on the edge of Anna's bed and had no idea whether or not she should open it. She knew that Anna would wake up, Bella had full faith that her little sister would be fine and she'd be awake soon to force everyone into a movie night. Bella bit down on her bottom lip before she tore the envelope open and removed the yellow sheet of paper, unfolding it before smiling at the decorated handwriting that screamed Anna; her heart was racing as she began reading.

Dear Isabella,

If you are reading this letter then something did go wrong during the battle against the Newborns which means everyone might be distraught messes. There really isn't much I could say in this letter because I've always been a blunt and honest person. I do wish to say this, if there is a chance that I make it out of this; don't give the others the letters, it'd make a very awkward conversation. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I love you, Bell. I know we've been distant and on opposite sides but I just care about you and your future.