1.15 | Prom

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Anna ─ with Jasper's assistance ─ walked into Bella's hospital room sporting a cast for her broken wrist. "Hey Bells. How are you feeling?" Anna asked her sister as she sat down ─ wincing from the bruising on her side ─ and grabbed her older sister's hand. "I'm doing better. How are you?" Bella asked Anna, the two smiled at each other. "I'm doing great. I have my Southern love looking after me," Anna answered before looking up at her boyfriend, the pale blond smiled down at her before kissing her temple.

Edward smiled at the two before looking at his own girlfriend, Bella's eyes lit up at the sight of her little sister's smile. The four of them broke into a conversation in hopes to distract their minds from the nightmare that James had created; Anna had finally relaxed for the first moment since the day at the baseball game and in turn, Jasper was able to relax with her. It wasn't long till Carlisle came into the room telling them that social time was over and the twins needed more rest.

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

"I am so glad to be out of the hospital," Anna expressed as she walked alongside Jasper through the woods behind the Cullen home. "You know, you scared me... Going after James, standing up to him..." Jasper's body tensed as the memories flashed back to him ─ the sight of Anna's pale body from blood loss made his throat burn and his eyes darken. Anna slowly placed her hand on the side of his face, she didn't wish to overstep while he was angry but he melted against her hand and his eyes brightened.

"I agree that it was stupid but... my mother could've been at risk and I knew I couldn't let her suffer because I fell in love with a vampire. I don't regret either action, Jasper Hale," Anna assured him with a soothing smile, her calming aura enveloped Jasper like a warm blanket that washed away every ounce of pain, doubt and suffering he had ever felt. The two kissed softly before they continued their way through the woods until Jasper suddenly stopped and turned to Anna, running his fingers through his hair.

"Are you okay?" Anna asked him as she interlocked their fingers. "I, uh... wow, I've never been so nervous in my life ─ which is new for me," Jasper stuttered out causing Anna to smirk. This was a new situation they were in, Jasper was always confident around her but this nervous sight was quite the sight for Anna Swan and she was relishing in it. "You need a minute?" Anna teased Jasper, the blond looked up at her, taking notice of the teasing grin on her face.