1.13 | The Hunt

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

"I believe this belongs to you," The man in the middle spoke as he held up the baseball before throwing it to Carlisle, the coven leader catching it. "Thank you," Carlisle responded with a kind smile. "I am Laurent. And this is Victoria and James," Laurent introduced as James looked them all over until his eyes locked with Anna's, she didn't look away ─ keeping his gaze to ensure he understood that he didn't scare her.

"I am Carlisle and this is my family," Carlisle introduced as he looked around at the tense coven that watched the three nomads carefully. "I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused a thing of a mess for us," Carlisle informed them. "Our apologies. We didn't realise the territory had been claimed," Laurent replied though he kept a stoic expression upon his face.

"Yeah, well... we maintain a permanent residence nearby," Carlisle told them in hopes it would push them out of Forks quicker. "Really?" Laurent asked surprised as James and Edward stared each other down, Anna's gaze had moved to Victoria and the two hadn't looked away. "Well, we won't be a problem anymore. We were just passing through," Laurent explained to the family before Victoria spoke, "The humans were tracking us but we lead them East. You should be safe."

"Excellent," Carlisle replied to her as Laurent surveyed the family. "So, could you use three more players?" Laurent asked them before noticing their wary expressions, "Come on. Just one game." Anna leaned into Jasper more as she noticed James' smirk. "Sure. Why not? A few of us were leaving, you could take their place," Carlisle informed them. "We'll bat first," Colton stated with his usual smirk. "I'm the one with the wicked curveball," Victoria replied to him.

"Well, I think I can handle that," Colton challenged. "We shall see," Laurent added with a smirk on his face as Jasper and Edward lead Bella and Anna away from the others. The wind suddenly picked up and blew Anna and Bella's scent straight towards the nomads gaining James' full attention. "You brought some snacks," James said as he went to rush the twins, the Cullens instantly moved into a defensive stance.

"A human?" Laurent asked incredulously as Anna gripped onto Jasper's hand knowing that he'd be the one to fight first and despite believing that Jasper would win that fight, she wouldn't risk the safety of the family. "The girls are with us. I think it's best if you leave," Carlisle warned them as James and Edward stared each other down. "I can see the game is over. We'll go now," Laurent told them with a bow of his head before stepping away.

"James," Laurent called, the blond nomad followed after him before sparing another glance towards Anna. "Get them out of here!" Carlisle ordered his two sons. Anna didn't hesitate to walk with Jasper, the two quickly approached Jasper's car and got in. "He's coming after Bella and I, isn't he?" Anna asked Jasper, his hands tightened around the steering wheel.

"He's a tracker, Anna. He lives for the chase. You and Bella aren't safe here," Jasper replied as he followed behind Edward and Bella. "The reaction that Edward and I gave him, just made this his most exciting game ever. He's not gonna stop," Jasper continued, he was trying his best not to go after James. "What will you all do?" Anna asked him as she took steady breaths, she needed to be calm so Jasper was calm.