2.12 | Mutual Understanding

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Anna sighed in irritation as she witnessed Paul and Jasper stand toe to toe with personal anger towards one another. Paul had heard from Sam about the return of the Cullens and instantly knew that Jasper would be by Annabeth's side as soon as he returned. He watched Anna struggle and hide away her pain behind a smile for the sake of Bella and others and he refused to let her suffer again. While Jasper wasn't too keen on his mate being Imprinted on by a wolf that considered him the most dangerous in the Olympic Coven; especially with Paul's own anger issues. It seems Anna attracted two of the most dangerous members of each clan.

"This is the most cliché and ridiculous show of testosterone between two men I've ever witnessed in my eighteen years of life so can we cut the macho crap," Anna asked in a bored tone that almost broke both men, they both turned their heads to Anna with amused expressions. "Let's make this simple," Anna said as she walked closer to the two of them. "Paul, Jasper is my boyfriend, mate, future, or whatever other terms that describe eternal partner," Anna told Paul directly, the words made Jasper smile to himself and he was sure that if he had been alive; he would've been a blushing mess.

"And Jasper, Paul imprinted but it's strictly platonic. He's just playing the overprotective big brother role," Anna told Jasper directly while Paul raised a brow at her with a teasing grin. "We aren't the stupid Edward-Bella-Jacob situation. Ours is not immature and desperate for validation," Anna told them in a tired voice, she knew things would get worse now that Edward was back. Jasper and Paul laughed at Annabeth's words before Paul sighed and crossed his arms against his chest, he turned his eyes from his sister to her boyfriend who stood tall at the change of emotion from the shifter in front of him.

"Do you plan on leaving her behind again?" Paul asked causing Anna to step forward but Jasper stopped her, he knew that Paul was just looking out for the girl he saw as his family. "Never again," Jasper answered him truthfully. "You plan on making it up to her?" Paul asked knowing that Jasper understood what he meant. "For the rest of our lives," Jasper answered causing Paul to look at Anna. "You wanna become a... vampire?" Paul asked her with slight hesitation, his shifter against the natural enemy while also ready to support his sisters choice. "Yes, Paul. You saw what I was like without him. And though it may be ridiculous to some people that I'd do this for a man, I'm doing it for me too," Anna answered him truthfully.

Paul sighed as he processed her words, he understood where she was coming from; he would do anything to protect her. And though he worried about her and her choice to become a Vampire; it also meant he'd never have to watch her die because she'd be immortal. And he knew that even when she transitions, she'll still be the same person he knew before; if not, better than before. He pulled Anna into a hug, closing his eyes before pulling back; not being the cuddly person, he wouldn't hug for too long. "When?" Paul asked so he could inform Sam and work out an agreement with Carlisle. "After graduation, not straight after but some time," Anna answered him.