3.3 | Gran's Visit

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Anna stormed out of the house with an angered expression, she was done dealing with Edward and Bella for the day. "A woman on a mission is never a good sign," Grandma Rose's voice pulled Anna from her mind. "Gran?" Anna spoke with a smile before pulling her in for a hug. "How have you been, my little Annie?" Grandma Rose asked as she pulled away, placing her hands on Anna's face with a wide grin. "Holding back from murder," Anna said with a innocent smile that made Grandma Rose laugh. "You need to be patient with your sister, she isn't as logical and independent as you are," Grandma Rose said before looking behind Anna to see Bella standing there with Edward.

"Uh, yes. Edward Cullen, the vampire who caught the obsessive eye of my eldest granddaughter," Grandma Rose greeted with a sly grin that made Anna bite back a smirk. "Isabella," Grandma Rose reached out for her and pulled her in for a hug, Anna had told the Cullens and Bella about Grandma Rose being a witch connected to nature. "The one who held no witch connection," Grandma Rose said as she pulled back from Bella, "Though you do have the shield. So I guess Anna protects you in every way." Anna rolled her eyes before noticing a familiar car pull up to the house, a lovestruck smile appearing on her face as Jasper gets out and approaches her.

"Hello Darling," Jasper greeted, kissing Anna's forehead as he does with every greeting. "Gran, this is Jasper. Jasper, this is my grandmother, Rosemary," Anna introduced them as Bella and Edward stepped to the side. "Ah, the Southern charmer as my sweet Annie claims," Grandma Rose said as she reached to shake his hand, Jasper lifting her knuckles to his lips for a gentle kiss. "It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am," Jasper spoke making Grandma Rose laugh fondly to herself. "My, my, Annie, you got very lucky," Grandma Rose told Anna who laughed and rolled her eyes. "Now, how about we talk about this newborn army, hmm?" Grandma Rose asked before walking into the house.

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Magnolia stood in the morning sun with a smile on her face, she had her eyes closed but she still felt the presence of someone standing next to her. "How was your time with Caius?" Nadia, Magnolia's younger sister asked with a smile on her face. "It was beautiful... the moonlight shining down on us as we danced in the forest. He was beyond sweet," Magnolia told her little sister with a wide grin. "That sounds amazing," Nadia replied with a bitter undertone that Magnolia didn't notice. "Have you heard about the newborns recently?" Nadia asked her sister, her eyes analyzing Magnolia's responses. "You're playing with fire, Nadia," Magnolia warned.

"But the warmth feels so nice," Nadia taunted as Magnolia turned to her, Nadia's blood-red eyes were a constant reminder of the choice Nadia had made for herself. "Until you get burned, little sister," Magnolia replied to her with a raised brow, Nadia scoffed before turning to the sunshine that made her skin sparkle. "And you win again," Nadia muttered in distaste before she took off leaving Magnolia to watch her with a sad expression. "Don't let it get to you," Another voice spoke, he sent her a reassuring smile. "Sisters drift apart as they get older, you can only do so much," He added, Magnolia smiled at his words before they looked back out to the meadow.