1.6 | Car Incident

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

The next day, after school, Bella and Anna stood side by side against the ute. Bella was reading a novel with an earphone in her ear while Anna was reading through her journals new entries from the day of classes that seemed to drag on for her. The twins were trying to relax after a day of stress catching up to the others, thankfully they were almost caught up completely.

"Yo, Bella! Anna!" Eric called to the twins with a playful smirk but the twins simply showcased the books in hand with sheepish smiles causing Eric to frown before looking at their crowd of friends. Anna let out a sigh as her head pounded slightly, she put her journal into her bag and put it into the car before rubbing her temples.

The sudden screeching of wheels against icy roads caught her attention, both Anna and Bella looked up to see Tyler's van lose control. Anna's eyes widened in fear when she was suddenly pulled into someone's chest protectively, her heart was pounding in her chest despite the lack of air in her lungs.

Slowly, Anna began to pull away from the person before looking up at their face - Sky meets Earth. Anna swallowed slowly as she realized Jasper had pulled her to safety from the potentially life-threatening incident resulting in being crushed by her best friend's van ─ which was not on her list of acceptable ways to die.

And like reality snapped back, Anna remembered her sister was standing next to her. "Bella!" Anna gasped as she turned to her sister but she froze, not from seeing that she was okay and in the arms of Edward, but the dent in the side of the van that matched her drawing from the day before.

"Dial 911!" Someone shouted as Jasper hesitantly let go of Anna, he walked away with Edward, their foster siblings watching carefully before they all got into their cars. "I already called. They're gonna send somebody over soon," Angela's voice was clear to Anna as she stared at the dent, her hand in Bella's.

"Bella, Trouble... I'm so sorry. I panicked," Tyler pleaded with a guilty expression, Anna mustered up a small smile to assure him they were okay. "It's okay, Ty. You're the one hurt," Anna told him as she finally stood up and opened his door, helping him out of the van carefully before checking the open wound on his head.

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Anna sat on the bed next to her sister in the hospital, Tyler sat on the opposing bed to them being looked at by a nurse after Anna had to calm him down enough to let the nurse do her job. He had been sitting with a guilty expression on his face the whole time, the sight was painful for Anna because it wasn't his fault.

"Girls, are you both okay?" Charlie asked as he walked into the room, a slight glare was sent to Tyler. "You and I are gonna talk," Charlie warned Tyler ─ Anna didn't like it. "Dad! We're fine. Calm down," Anna told him, Charlie calmed down instantly. "I'm sorry, Trouble, Bella... I tried to stop," Tyler pleaded once again, the guilt returning after Anna finally calmed it.