𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑖𝑥 | 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑝𝑖𝑑

AURORA Wednesday, 16th November

AURORA
Wednesday, 16th November

"Quinn. Quinn." I stretched out her name because she was about to fall to asleep. But nothing helped. I rolled my eyes and slammed my locker shut. "Jesus Christ." she startled and opened her eyes. "What time did you go to bed last night?" she closed her eyes again and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Maybe 4 o'clock." She murmured to herself. She'll fall over if she keeps this up. I opened my locker and slammed it again. Just like her first reaction, she was startled. "Can you stop this shit?" I shook my head.

"Go home and sleep." "I can't." "Why?" I raised my eyebrow and looked at her. "My mom. She wants to pick me up." "If you want, you can sleep at my place. You'll come back when school is over."

"Is nobody there?" I looked at my phone to take a look at the time. "Theo should be gone right now. He's gone until 6 p.m today and my mom is also coming at 6 p.m, I have to pick Max up." I explained it to her. I looked for my key in my backpack and gave it to her open hand.

"Just leave the window in my room open, in case you don't wake up, so I could come in." This girl sleeps like a rock. When she's asleep you can do anything, even vacuum next to her, play instruments, set the alarm, she doesn't wake up.

"Okay, see you later. You're the best." She hugged me and walked towards the exit.

That means today I have to fight alone for my math exam. It was so hard to study without Zeth. Math felt like a foreign language being reinvented, and the problem is that I didn't understand this shit.

I pushed myself off the locker and opened it again to take the notes out I make. I looked at them while I closed the locker and made my way to the cafeteria because lunch is now on.

I heard in my ear how everyone was talking around me, sometimes I heard my name and get a look. Which takes my entire concentration. I put my papers on a pictorial table next to me and pulled out my headphones to then find the concentration I need.

I took the slips back and ran outside onto the one bench that has been standing alone at our high school for years because the other one was broken.

I took the end of my sweater laces that made the hood smaller when you pulled it and put it in my mouth. I do not understand that. It's like my notes are in Spanish.

I felt a shadow form over me. I took out the headphones and looked. Zeth and Mason stood in front of me. "Here." I looked at the phone that Zeth was holding.

It was the newest iphone I know. "For what?" "Well, for you as an apology." I looked at them both. "I don't need this, mine still works."

I looked back at my notes. "Yes, maybe only for a few days," Mason said defiantly. "Why did you lie?" they look at me, "I should accept your apology? Then tell me why you didn't tell me."

"Ares is a friend." "Me too."

"We knew it wouldn't work."

"And what if? What if I had slept with him, you would do nothing." the two are silent. "That's what I mean. I don't have a single breath of trust for you. How is something like that supposed to work, then?"

I got up and wanted to walk past them, but Mason held me tight. "We're so sorry, Aurora. We should have said something. Tell you everything, whether you or someone else, you didn't deserve it."

I really didn't, and I get that, apparently, they do too. "I don't know if that would be a mistake if I forgive you if I'm so stupid and forgive you after you've done everything to me. It still hurt me, everything you have done."

"And still I'm so stupid, and I'll forgive you." Mason pulled me from the grab into a hug. Zeth went in to. It felt warm and safe again.

I part of them as we all went together to a table across from the second one. "Zeth you have to help me with math." He smiled and vacated the seat next to me.

"Where do you need help?" I took out my piece of paper and put it in front of him as he looks at the task I don't understand. Mason meanwhile looks at his phone.

Then Dylan came to our table. "You friend again?" "Sit down," I ordered him. Dylan sat down and start eating his lunch.

"Well, it's very simple. You just have to add these two results together, then take it and put the settings in there." Zeth explained to me after I sat back down and listened carefully to what I had to do with the task. And I really got it.