Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I hopped from my seat on the bed when I saw our bags disappear from the middle of the room.

"Come Tallulah." Augustus motioned me, holding out his hand. I slowly made my way to him, fixing my hair and smoothing over my nice pants. He told me to dress professional, and though I usually hated pants these ones were very lightweight and comfortable.

"Is this your transport power?" I asked quietly. He smiled softly before taking my hand and pulling me close.

"Close your eyes." He whispered. I did as he said and felt the world turn around me. I shut them tighter, afraid I'd puke if I opened. Once the turning stoped, and the world felt at balance I opened.

We were in Realm. The only place that held a nights sky 24/7. I looked up at the stars then around briefly to check our surroundings. Augustus didn't let me go. He watched while I took in the world around us. We were in a courtyard of some sort, an empty one with hedges trimmed to perfection, and grass so deep green it could blend into the dark sky.

"You're my good little girl here Tallulah. You listen to me, though I think lord Hiram would admire your snarky tongue from time to time." He warned me. I nodded before letting him go, he picked up my hand and slid it over his forearm, linking us professionally before walking me to the manor.

"King Vercelis. What a pleasure." Hiram was stood in the foyer awaiting our arrival. His head bent slightly, but I caught his side eye. He was wondering why I was present.

"Queen Tallulah." He whispered. Holding my gaze. He watched me with a steady eye, looking as if he had a worlds worth of questions tied to his brain.

"Lord Hiram. Lovely to see you again." I lied. He only smiled, sensing the dishonesty.

"Thank you for coming. I'm hoping with your presence here it will scare off whoever keeps raiding our deliveries." Hiram glanced behind him as a sultry young blonde made her way to him.

She looked as young as me, hair golden under the dim light. Her dress stuck around her like skin as she sauntered to his side. It wasn't until she got closer that I saw the wounds at her neck, hole after hole, as if he'd bitten her repeatedly and didn't want her healing.

Augustus tightened his grip on me, a subtle cue telling me to calm down. I took a deep breath and smiled, only just now noticing the dried blood that laid her inner thighs. I wanted to vomit. She was a thing to him. She was so young and beautiful, and he just uses her body, not bothering to let her bathe.

'Tallulah, breathe.' That same layered tone echoed my head. It was his demon.

'He should die for hurting her like that.' I spoke in return. He remained silent, probably going over the list of things that he's done, comparing them to Hiram's doing. I so easily forgot he killed innocents. Women, even children. I wondered if he regret it, if it weighed his soul.

"Care for a drink King Vercelis? I hear you enjoy your Queens un-penetrated skin. Though it's beautiful, you must be starving." He smirked.

"You can drink from me my king." She gave her full consent before Hiram shooed her toward us.

"No thank you, I fed just before we left. I was hoping we could possibly feed Tallulah though, I'm sure my sweet Queen is hungry for dinner." He turned his smirk down to me, throwing the attention off the fact that he refused blood. Hiram's eyes narrowed briefly before he plastered a smile to his stoic face.

"I didn't realize Tallulah would be joining. I'm sorry to say, but I don't have food here for mortals." Hiram looked too pleased while calling me a mortal.