Chapter 15

Chapter 15

*Sorry for the late update, I had finals and it was stress inducing. But I hope you enjoy. This chapter is not for the squeamish🖤*

Tilly's POV

"Come here little Lu!" Dad called for me from his throne room. I trotted through the kitchen, grazing my mothers skirt as I passed her. She laughed at my urgency. I always ran when he called for me. He was my favorite person.

His arms were out, waiting for me to jump into them, a loving smile on his face as I did so. He held me close, pressing a kiss to my cheek as I latched onto his leather coat.

"Romero, I'm not sure this is something Tallulah should be a witness of." Grut spoke up, stepping out of line while eyeing me. Dad stopped, turning to him with his angry face, one that he never turned on me.

"Nonsense Grut. She's my child. Death is as simple as breathing." He responded. He lifted me, placing me in his lap as he sat to his large throne. I kept slipping on his polished leathers, he snaked an arm around me, keeping me glued to him.

"Bring her in." Dad hollered to Q, his right hand man. I laid my head against dads chest, feeling the soothing pads of his fingers as he ran them through my hair.

"You know I love you Lu." He reminded me. I nodded, peering up at him, seeing the promise in his eyes. Mommy was lucky to have a man so brave and loving. He was the perfect father.

"I love you too daddy." I whispered, hearing the door slam shut. I snapped my head toward the noise. A woman in a beautiful blue dress came in, her cloak matching the soft shades. I wanted one just like it. She looked magnificent. Even more so when she removed the hooded cloak, revealing her young features. Her hair was red and braided in a crown on her head.

"Romero Royce." She spoke pointedly. I felt dads hold on me tighten.

"Maria, I've been hearing terrible rumors." I sensed the intensity in his voice. He didn't like this beautiful woman. Her eyes found mine, she danced over every one of my features, her attention was glued to me. I turned in dads lap, curling into him slightly.

"So it's true then. You raise a Halfling." She bore her dead eyes into his. He chuckled.

"My sweet little Lu is more than just a Halfling. She is me, everything I am but with a fresh little soul. She's perfect." He cooed the words as if he were talking to me. I glanced up at him as he fiddled with my hair once more.

"You need to report her to the royal family. The King is in search of a mate. He will want to see the miracle himself, there is a chance she is his gift." She raised her voice. I clutched my fathers jacket, suddenly wanting this woman gone.

"She is no one's gift but mine." He lowered his tone, feeling just as attacked as I felt. The woman sneered.

"I have helped you build your rebellion Romero, I've sacrificed my safety funneling you inside information. The royal family will ask for her, they will come to me and ask for her. Because they trust me. If you can't allow me a day to present her, the king will know where my loyalties lie. He will kill me." She suddenly sounded desperate. I looked up to find dad smiling wickedly.

"And who's fault is it that word is out Maria? Why does half of Realm know about my daughter?" He seethed.

"It was something I mentioned. I didn't know it was true. I didn't know my mate would report such a thing. I didn't mean your family harm." She rambled. He stood, pulling me up with him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, keeping myself close as he made his way to her.

"Your mistake drew attention to my innocent daughter." He told her.

"There was already talk, people knew of your mates pregnancy!" She yelled, taking steps away from us. Q grabbed her by her arms, keeping her still before us. She struggled against him, jerking her shoulders.