Chapter Fifty Five: Fin

He hadn't known how long he sat on that stool, gurgling cheap liquor like a flopping fish out of water. "Alright man, you gotta either or some water or call it a night." The bartender sighed, having lost count of how many shots he had ordered, but his eyes were glazed over and tinged red, barely able to hold himself up on the stool.

The man grunted, tossing a few filthy bills on the bar top before staggering towards the exit, a large belch eliciting from his mouth as he pushed the door open, his shoulder colliding roughly with some one passing but he had been so entranced in trying to get his phone out of his pocket, expecting a call that was almost two weeks late now.

"Fucking mobsters only good for drugging and mulling." He spits, drunkenly laughing at his nonsense as he stumbles along his path,

The ground is soppy wet, large puddles overflow the uneven parts of the wide walk. a stretch of stores half abandoned. Across, perched on the rusted and slippery ledge of fire escape a tumble weed of blood colored hair and narrowed emerald eyes catching the moon light like a catch.

There's a slight pant in her breathing now but she's patient, the hours ticking by slowly and its the dead of night when she spots a limping figure. From here she can spot his familiar vibrant red fuzz tucked half way under a raggedy hood and as he stumbled into a street light the burn adorning his skin, crawling up his neck stopping just mid cheek and the thought of were else he was burned made Lilith wince and turn her head gulping.

Her mind reeling with questions, but her trembling hands swarm around her stomach.

"Hello." The tone over the phone is monotone, almost bored.

"The great Don Ares cant even pass along a fucking message." The don exhales deeply, a bellow of smoke wisping up into the night air.

"Men like you always tend to forget your place, Seamus."

Seamus scoffs, now struggling to get his keys straight in the lock of his studio above a convenient store, completely missing the figures leaning up against the brick wall of the alleyway.

"I want to talk to her. Now." He shoved the door open, grumbling at the clutter of trash surrounding the bottom of the stairs, impatiently waiting for a voice he wasn't even sure he'd recognize.

"You should be careful what you wish for,- " The line cut as Lilith clicked her line active. Watching from her view as a light flicked on in his house.

"Seamus." Through the window Lilith watches her brothers form freeze.

Seamus steadies, hand gripping the phone tighter as his sisters voice echoes over the phone. The last time he heard her voice she was screaming and begging for help, she was much smaller then, nothing much to eat around their house. All made it much easier for Lucian to drag her out of their house, Seamus remembered their mother standing their like a ghost, deaf to her daughters screams.

He could still feel his mothers boney fingers gripping into his arm as she begged Lucian not to take him.
Anything but Seamus.

"Lilith, I didn't believe you were alive." He states, moving to throw his body lazily on the couch, muddy shoes tossed aside as his feet rest on the table in front of him cluttered with cigarette ash, old food and other trash alike.

"I could say the same. What do you want?" Beside her on the fire escape the window opens, Apollo's gruff face coming into view giving her a firm nod before passing the black bag over and disappearing back into the window.

"I want a lot of things Lilith. At the moment, a few thousand dollars and when I get that I'll call you with some more instructions." Seamus smug expression was slowly slipping to agitation as silences hums back to him, having expected a quick yes in return.

"Ive come to learn a lot, learned to use my surroundings to an advantage- I've also learned a lot of men seem to think I owe them something, wether that be money, loyalty- blood."

"You owe me a life Lilith." He growls, the vein in his neck is throbbing and through the scope Lilith could see him move towards the table in the middle of the filthy living room. Leaning down, pulling the phone away as he shoved his nostrils into the white powder.
"-And I'm coming to fucking collect."

"Tsk, I guess the apple didn't fall to far from the tree. Coke was always the hardest to kick for her too." Is all she offers, the words registering a moment too late as Seamus spins around, pupils blown sky wide as he frantically searches for his sister.

How could she possibly see me? He thought.

"I'll kill you. I swear to god." He's desperate now, scared even but she only sighs, her voices eerily calm as she flicks the safety off.

"No you won't Seamus. You're going to forget you ever found me, you're goin to continue your life and never ever call this number again. Or I'll kill you." Her tone is final, no room for argument or debate and the little red dot suddenly beaming into his flat onto his chest, hovering over his erratic heart as his eyes lock on to the figure perched on to a fire escape, the moon light illuminating her fire colored hair.

"Do you understand?" The dot moves to his forehead and Seamus jaw ticks with agitation, turning slowly at the familiar dark voice. "My little Fox has been fighting for her happy ending, and I'm not going to let you or anything else get in the way. Call or attempt to reach out again, you're as good as dead." Ares doesn't smirk, not finding the usual predatory satisfaction in watching his prey squirm, he didn't like leaving loose ends and possible threats and that's exactly what this junkie was- a threat to his woman and son happiness- but it was his woman who said there would be no harm to come to her brother, tonight.
He watched the mans head bobble on his skinny neck, eyes wide and sweat coating his skin as he seemed to hit the magnitude of his high, and Ares wasn't even sure if his words were registering.
With one final glare, Ares sighs, glancing around the condition of the room before disappearing just as quick as he came.

His brother and woman waiting idly by the running SUV as Ares approached.
"With Athena still off the radar, Seamus was the last loose end. What now?" Lilith sighs, seeming ready for this endless cycle of threats to end.
Having been fighting for our happy ending since the very beginning, I don't deny my own exhaustion but as her emerald eyes look up at me and my chest tightens with that familiar feeling I can't help but grin. Thinking how worth it all was.
"Now," I wrap an arm around her waist, pulling her flush as our bodies hum in the electric connection I've grown accustomed that spikes up in my blood whenever Lilith is near. "A wedding." I grin at her, through my peripheral I could see my brother grinning wildly.

"May I make a suggestion?" She grins, the first grin I've seen on her face since the news of her brother and I nod, kissing the tip of her nose before she pulls back slightly. "We should have the wedding as soon as possible."
I smile at her eagerness, "and why's that?"
Lilith beams, her eyes darting between Apollo and I as emotions swirl over her face before setting on amusement.
"So I am able to still fit the dress. I've heard Russian children can grow to be quite strong." Her tone teases as she gestures to my brother and I large builds but I can only stare as her words register like a buffering old computer but Apollo is better to handle himself.

Offering the small, and to him, terrifyingly strange woman a bear hug and a kiss on the head. "I hope I get a niece this time. Congratulations you two." Apollo quips, grinning at the thought of Aleksei having a bond like his own brother and himself. Turing to leave the couple to rejoice in their news.

The smile on Ares face stretches for miles and his grip on her waist turns to steel as he places a searing kiss on her lips, eyes locked on to the emerald gems her fell in love with so quickly. His words embedded butterflies in the pits of her stomach as he brushed a think strand of red hair from her face.

"Oh what a plot twist you were my beloved." She grins, dapping at his teary eyes with her fingers as she clutches him impossibly closer.

"Loving you, is my greatest sin."

Stand by for book 2

A/N: please don't hate me, I promise book two will answer everything book one did not.