Chapter Forty Four: The Reclaim

Lilith

"You've lost your fucking mind." My ears perked at the anger in Apollo's tone, Ares tensed as we made our way into the kitchen.
Claudia was standing behind the stove something smelling heavenly from the pot she was stirring, Apollo was leaning against the back door with Major at his feet, growing at Athena who sat at the table with her parents. Nevaeh tucked under Sergios large arm.

"Good morning Claudia." I opted for an easy option, avoid the angry Russians family drama. Claudia smiled brightly at me, we've grown immensely close, having raised her own children she was an easy person to come to for advice about things with Aleksei. I trusted her, much like I trusted Ares and Apollo- the same couldn't be said for Sergio.

"Good Morning Lilith, How did you sleep?" The question was innocent, it was the same question she asked me every morning but this was a morning after a full night of passion with Ares. My face felt hot, and I didn't have to be a genius to know Claudias amusement was because she probably had an idea why I was as red as my hair.

"Where is Aleksei? Armando was supposed to bring him down for breakfast." Ares breaks the tension we've walked into and I realize he's right and I almost panic before Claudia turns throwing him a look, I've gotten so comfortable I find myself worrying less and less about Aleksei on the property.
"He's eating his breakfast in the entertainment room, I thought this conversation wouldn't be appropriate for adolescent ears." I smile in gratitude.

"Thank you-"

"Enough of the pleasantries, I'm not here for a reunion." Sergio interrupts like a rain cloud storming in on a sunny day. You'd think Nevaeh would show more enthusiasm seeing her sons for the first time since being rescued but instead she stays beside her husband.

"He wants to take everything we've built." Apollo spits with venom shaking his head in disgust. I can feel the anger start to roll off Ares in waves, I slide behind the counter as Claudia makes her quiet exit feeling the air shift in the room.

I watch in somewhat anxiousness and arousal as the muscle in Ares jaw ticks and his knuckles crack like static as his fist clench and unclench once.

"I don't know what you've been doing in your absence but I can assure you, you won't ever be Don again Sergio."
His stance seemed to gain two inches as he steels visibly, something in his tone sounding guarded.
My gaze falls to Apollo whose jaw is clenched, eyes narrowed into slits and it sinks in how much their resentment for their father is, and now he was back trying claim the empire they had to build back up.

"That's where your wrong, I am not dead, Ill or incompetent-" Sergio stands, Nevaeh looks worried.

"That's debatable." Apollo cuts in earning a glare his way from Sergio.

"I thought this would be what you wanted, you were so determined to get with Sin, not to mention you left the business for almost a month-"

"Shut the fuck up, you disappeared in the middle of the fight and then took our mother away from us all over again." Ares growled.

"Not to mention, Lucian said taking our mother was an act of revenge. "An eye for an eye." Were his words, Wanna fucking explain that?" Apollo cut in and suddenly the tension shifts to something greater as Nevaeh finally speaks up.

"What is he talking about Sergio?" She grips is forearm as he stills. Shooting daggers at his sons.

"Nothing Angel-"

"Oh fuck me. I'm done with this." Apollo storms out, and I watch the stress eat at Ares physically.

"I'll go talk to him." Athena whispers softly and I take note of her softer demeanor as she shuffles after him. Sergio and Nevaeh seem to fall I got his own world, stepping forward I grab hold of Ares arm. Feeling the tension curled up in his muscles as I grip his arm.

"Come with me." I lead us out the back door, into the garden. The sun is shining this morning and there's a few butterflies fluttering around making me smile.

"If you wanted me to calm down, bringing me to the place where you were taken from me won't help." I hated the wrinkle that gathered between his eyebrows when he was upset, lips set into a thin angry line.
I sigh, my fingers working into his tensed shoulders until he slacks them, then I slide up and ease the muscles in his clenched jaw until I feel him release, running my hand over his brow to ease the frustrated line between the bushy brows. Huffing as I rub up and down his arms, looking into those mesmerizing eyes.

"You are the most stubborn and persistent man I have ever met, if the ring on my finger has any proof of that." I smile softly as a sly smirk slides onto his face and his arms wrap around my waist, forehead dipping to rest on mine as he takes in my words.
"Nobody can take anything from you, not even me." He shakes his head, his eyes crinkling at his deep chuckle.

"I'd kill anyone who'd try." I grin.

"I know." Reaching up I brush back his raven hair and kiss the middle of his forehead, his body cradles around me as he sighs soaking in the affection.
"We've gotten though bigger storms than this, even before me. You and your brother rebuilt your family's name from the ground up, you can't let him take this from you Ares." I affirm, pushing some authority in my tone so my words seep in, staring into his ocean eye until I see the familiar fire stir back up in them.

The same fire that was there the first day I saw him in that restaurant.

A devilish grin slides across his face, tugging me closer if possible.
"Ever the wise one, Little Fox." Like a teenager sick with love, butterflies waft my stomach and I fight against the giddy giggles that want to slip out at the praise.

This man was a plot twist I would have never been prepared for.