Chapter thirty One: Lucians ultimatum

It's unknown to Lilith how longs she's been here, her eyes unable to leave her sons face taking in every feature, her arms having been wrapped around him since he crawled into them. Navaeh sniffles fill the room, the shell shock of Liliths revelation still settling in, because if her sons were still looking surely Sergio was, right?

The room was a ceste pool of unadulterated hope.
Hope that the men who loved these women would find them soon. Before Lucian came back.

He hasn't shown his face since they tossed Lilith's body in the cage like a rag doll. A goon coming down twice a day to bring them bread and milk almost spoilt, Lilith was used to this- having to crawl through the pain for her food.

The past three days Lilith sat in the corner watching Nevaehs routine with her son. They'd sleep on the floor until the guard came tossing breakfast like one would bread crumbs to ducks. Then Navaeh would hold up her fingers, showing her son the numbers, singing him the alphabet.

"He was a new born when they brought him to me, Lucian said I needed a reason to live." Through the sunlight streaming through the cracks in the foundation Lilith could see Naveah eyes slide to her, her back pressed against the farthest wall, legs crossed in front of her as she watched her son play with rocks.
"He handed me a baby, still bloody with the placenta attached-"
Lilith eyes sting with tears and she shakes her head. Squeezing her eyes shut, "Please, don't." A silence settles.
"I'm sorry." Navaeh whispers, the last thing she wanted to do was upset Lilith. The woman had hardly utter anything other than the boys name who was not only a spitting image of her but was drawn to her by a tether she couldn't see.
She had never felt like Aleksei was hers, just knew he was an innocent child she needed to protect against the ruthlessness of Lucian.

"How did you choose your children's names?" It was something Lilith had always wanted to ask Ares but where better to get an answer from the source.
Navaeh rises from her spot in the middle of the floor and Lilith watches as she brings Aleksei and they mirror Liliths position, both woman staring at the bars of the cell. The guard positioned outside never says or does anything but watch, and listen.
Lilith was careful to never mention anything about Ares coming, Lucian would be expecting it but if she some how got it to him that his mother was here, then Sergio will also come teeth bared and ready for blood.

"My father loved the stories of Greek mythology, when I met my husband they bonded over the topic." She explains smiling softly at the memories of her husband and late grandfather that all seem so distant now as she sits in this cold and barren cell.
"My first born, came out with his eyes open, seeming to watch and take in everything around him. Some thing his name means just the thirst for conflict of war but I'm truth his father named him for his spirit of battle. The deeper meaning of it all."
Lilith smiles at the thought of Ares, the man lived in the pure essence of his name and he loved it.
"My youngest son, he came into this world, fist balled and red faced.-" Navaeh chuckles, "Apollo, although a brute around other quickly shown his light."
Lilith could see that, once Apollo let the cold demeanor melt away he was a sucker for cracking jokes and poking the sleeping bear of his brother for pure joy.
"When my husband found out we were having a girl, her name came natural. She's the first born girl-"
"And favorite child." Lilith cut in softly, not meaning anything by it.
"Maybe now, I'm not sure since I've been gone." Naveah sighs, watching as Aleksei nibbles on a slice of bread of the bag.
Lilith makes eye contact with the guard.
"Soon." Is all she says, throwing gasoline on the flame of hope inside Navaeh.

"It's been three days Amelia, aren't you tired of losing limbs?"
The motionless throbbing sack of pain that was once Amelia could only whimper. The first warehouse she led them too cost her, her entire right hand, then her right leg from the knee down and every time she'd pass out from getting the would cauterized they'd spray her with a hose strong enough to scratch off bits of her flesh.
She was in agony.

Ares was only growing more vile, the more days he spent without Lilith by his side the more he wanted to rip Amelia apart, and so he did.
The only thing he managed to establish he truth on was that Marco and Jax were involved with the kidnapping of his woman.

It was driving him to brink of insanity that the one thing his father and brother had said would happen was now reality. Despite the fact that Apollo was now just an enraged as Ares, Lilith had saved his life all the while cursing him out.

"I-I can't."
"You said you'd be brought down to teach lessons. Well I've got a fucking lesson for yo-"

"Ares, phone." The huge Don spins on his heel, glaring down at Armando, "I said I don't want any interruptions!" He goes for Armandos throat.
but Apollo places a hand on his shoulder shaking his head.
"You should take this." Ares let's put a deep, frustrated sigh.
Without Lilith here, he can't stomach a meal or lay in the bed they've been sharing for months. It felt wrong to keep going on as normal while Sin maybe somewhere reliving the hell she fought tooth and nail to run from.
"Get the next location, Armando follow me." His heavy foot steps creak against the steps of the shed and they step into the forest grounds about fifty yards from Ares actual home.
"Try to keep her talking as long as you can." Armando is rapid taping on a tablet, Ares can feel his hands shake as he greedily grabs for the phone.

"Lilith." He breathes, desperate to hear her voice because that means she's still alive.

"Tsk tsk, someone sounds desperate Don Ares." Lucian laughs darkly on the other end of the line, Ares could practically hear the sick smile on his face.
His fist tightening around the phone, almost crushing it. He needed to keep Lucian on the phone and if he started to threaten him, the bastard would hang up and Armando wouldn't be able to trace.

"Lucian, let me talk to her."

"Who?" Lucian was toying with him, but his next words are something Ares could have never expected, striking his core. "Your whore or your mother?" Lucians tone was as if they were discussing plans for lunch, not the bomb shell that he just admitted to having his mother.
"What-"
"That's the choice Ares, you either get your mother who I've grown quite bored of over the years. Or your whore- but she won't come at a easy price, if you choose Sin. I'll make her watch while I drown her son."
"Why are you-"
"I believe Sergio called it an eye for an eye. I'll be waiting for your decision Ares." The line clicks.

Ares, boiling over the edge with anger looks to Armando with a gaze full of rage and hope.
The young mafia member, having spent years hacking into some of the worlds most secure areas.

Had indeed pin pointed a possible location on his Dona. The woman who will continue to rule the head of the family with his Don, a woman who although portrayed her self as cold and icy, was actually a woman trying to protect the last softest parts of her.

"I got it boss." Relief slips into Ares tense muscles and Apollo slams the door shut, caked in more blood than before seeming pissed but taking in the look on Ares face he strides forward quickly.
Twins communicating silently before Ares sighs.
"We have to call father, it's time to bring home our mother, my woman and her son."

It was time for the endgames to begin.