Chapter forty eight: Chaos arising.

" Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral
Too-ra-loo-ra-li
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral
Hush now, don't you cry
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral
Too-ra-loo-ra-li
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral." The woman's voice suddenly heavily drawn in an Irish accent sang softly over the bundle of rags in her bony arms. The baby inside the rags itself, was beautiful a spitting image of his mother before she was ripped apart.

Shimmering moss green eyes that lit up anytime he saw his mother, light freckles from the speck of sun light drifting through the cracks and a wild head of curly red hair.

Not a speck of the devil in him in her eyes.

Aleksei, she had named him, "Mans Defender." She cooed as he grasped her finger tightly. A gently rare smile graces her face as she whispers softly to her son, "You are my happiness Aleksei, a brave little warrior and I love you with all the breath left in me." The baby, not understanding can only offer his mother a gummy smile, because despite the circumstances, this baby loved his mother.

"May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand." She whispered over her baby, the only prayer that wasn't forced into her system like the drugs they'd make her take. Tears were building up like a hurricane but she couldn't let them fall, she could hear his thunderous footsteps coming to her.

With one last tight hug and kiss to her son, she prepared for Lucian to yank the rusty door of her cage open.

"Give it, Sin." Lucian didn't spare the child he created another glance as the guard snatched him from his mothers arms. Aleksei started to wail instantly, "Take it upstairs." He turned to look at the woman he destroyed, looking past her over grown ragged red hair with teary green eyes as the guard disappears with her baby.

"I won't let anyone else take him from me again." Lilith's voice is icy, void of emotion as it cuts through the silence of the speeding SUV. Out the corner of his eye he watches Lilith relive her pain, it's written all over her face like a heart wrenching poem of agony.

No one says anything, Ares only grips her waist tighter as the car swerves into the estate. What can you say to a woman that had already mourned a son that was actually alive? Nothing, not unless you want to be in the cross hairs of her bullets.

Lilith had no she becoming Sin again if it meant Alekseis safety. They would always have enemies, some closer to home than others- maybe she would never be able to fully retire the part of her skilled in murder, Ares has already shown acceptance for it and clearly playing the role of the house wife has gotten them no where.

With the chamber already alive and hot Lilith bolts from the car before Apollo can put it in park, her bare feet- heels long forgotten snap against the pavement as she curses the length of the tight dress.

"Lilith, wait-" The front door slams against the wall behind it, chipped paint falls and it rattles the pictures on the walls.

"Dona-" The guards standing watch at startled by the sudden intrusion hands hovered over their guns.

"Where's my son." It's a demand and her icy tone sends fear they only feel around Ares down their spines.

"Armando ordered Claudia to tuck him in over an hour ago."

"And where is Armando now?" Ares and Apollo have finally made it through the threshold and Lilith bolts for the stairs, taking two at a time and tripping on her way before she finally makes it to Aleksei's bedroom door.