Chapter Thirty: Abduction

Ares

Tranquil was something that was foreign to me. My body never really resting, I was always moving on to the next meeting, deal, or endeavor. But with Lilith here, her unruly red hair sprawled across my bed sleeping in nothing but my dress shirts.
Even her dog, who now had a bed tucked by the side of my desk with his dog bowls beside it a jar of treats set beside my desk phone.
Her favorite books from her apartment tucked into the shelves of my office that she often read while lounging in her, her clothes cluttering my once organized closet. My woman was messy, leaving food wrappers from the horrid Hot Pockets she loved to eat.
There was traces of Lilith of all over my home and in my heart.

My daydream is cut short at the abrupt slam of my office door. Armando sweating and panting rapidly. Major stands at attention from his dog bed, growling slightly and I run a hand through his fur to soothe him before looking to Armando with a raised brow.
"What is it Armando?"

"Claudia said she seen someone take Lilith from the garden."

I feel my entire world tilt off it's axis.
Everything else is a blur as I storm into the kitchen, a hysteric Claudia being comforted by Apollo.
"What the fuck happened? Where is she?"
My heart is fighting to get out of my rib cage at the broken look on Apollo's face.
"We were transporting Amelia, taking the tunnels but it leads to the garden. We were ambushed, Lilith was taken but Amelia is still is the cages." Armando has caught his breath by now but I'm itching to take it away.
"Run the cameras, and get me the fucking guards from the front gates. Apollo I'm going to need the demon sun to cook that bitch downstairs." He nods firmly.
"I want my woman home by night fall."

-

Sin

"Lucian, please let me tend to her." The voice is light and feminine, unfamiliar.
"You know I hate when you beg." The growl of Lucians voice is unmistakable and I feel my body shiver in fear as the remains of what happened.
Having being forced to nap by Ares who stated I looked tired. But once I got up to his room, showered and dressed in one of his shirts I couldn't sleep. Finding my way to the garden, it was like a small explosion of gas and bodies, I was grabbed from all different angles before a sharp pain erupted against my temple and my world evaporated.

There the rusty creek of a cell door slamming shut as his foot steps echo away. I try and stay completely still, there's at-least two people in this cell with me.
I jerk, eyes wide as a cold cloth is pressed to my lips. Scrambling away so fast my head almost collided with the cement wall. My vision still somewhat hazy from the knock out.
"Hey, hey it's okay shhh." She cooes. Holding a dirty, scrawny hand out to show she means no harm. I feel nausea away in my gut.
"Where am I?" She smiles softly but it's hallow and void of happiness.
"Hell, my dear. We are in hell."

-

Ares

Amelia is unrecognizable at this point. Sputtering up blood and other substances as she pleas for her life but the only words I want to hear coming out her mouth is the location of my heart.
It's been three days. Seventy two hours and there hasn't been a break in the trail, as if they disappeared. My guard were useless having been knocked out, cameras only catching four masked figures snatching Lilith from the garden. She was drawn there like a moth to a flame and it only enraged me to think someone had taken the small slice of peace Lilith had in my home and crushed it.

"Where is she?" I growl out, Apollo holds her up, his black gloves are slick with blood and his face has splatters of the crimson liquid.
Amelia gasp as Apollo presses the blade to her neck, blood trickles down from the small opening from the pressure and she hisses.
"P-please, I-ll tell you."

-

Sin

"What's your name sweetheart?" The woman ask, her tone motherly. I look at her, from her graying blonde hair to her steely colored eyes.
She hasn't stopped smiling since I woke up and it's starting to creep me the fuck out.
"It's okay, your safe down here with us." She tries to comfort.
I feel myself shiver, the second person in the room still unknown to me in the dimly lit cell.
"Us?" I croak. Flinching as she moves suddenly, shifting to pull someone from behind her.
"I'm Naveah, and this is Aleksei."
A babyboy, no older than three, with wispy curly red hair and green eyes gazes up at me with big glossy eyes.
I feel my breathing hitch.
"Aleksei." As if he remembers me, my son reaches out to me. Chubby hands grabbing at the air and Naveah looks stunned.
"Oh my, he's never this welcoming." She lets me take him into my arms, my eyes unable to leave his little face.
I didn't think he was still alive. I thought I had lost my son forever.
Realization makes my head snap up, squinting I piece together the familiarity of her features.
"You look just like Athena." Naveah seems taken back and then tears bubble up in her eyes.
A shaky hand resting on the arm that cradles Aleksei to my chest.
"You know my daughter?" I nod.
"Your sons have been looking for you for a long time." I answer, watching as the woman before me breaks down in sobs. Clutching her heart, like she's in pain.
"Mama." My gaze falls back to my boy, smiling at the term.
"Yes, I'm your mama." I kiss his head, a feeling of completion overwhelming me and I hold my son close.
Praying silently for Ares to find us soon.