Chapter Eight: a taste of a sinful past

❤️‍🔥Sin❤️‍🔥

"Kneel girl." The jagged and sharp concrete dig into my flesh, tearing into the skin leaving behind more scars to litter my body. My teeth grit against the force, his arm on my shoulder feels like a hot iron being held above the surface of my skin.
"Pray." Gorgeous Italian boots come into my view, standing out against the filthy ground. My throat aches with the force of trying to utter words, I clamp my mouth shut. The sound of my teeth clacking together echoes into the space around us.
He breathes deeply, I count.
One, two, three seconds, then a soaring pain vibrates through my cheek and snaps my head to the left. The bitter end metallic taste flood my mouth.
"When will you learn, you're and that thing is an abomination. You are nothing more than a sin, since the day you came into this earth." His saliva splatters across my face, my hair stinging as he drags my body around from strands. The scream rippled through me like a hurricane, the sharp edges of the uneven basement he kept me in was catching my skin, slicing into me.
"Why are you screaming? I'm merely a god making sure his disciples are paying atonement." He suddenly grabbed at my clothes, I can't reach his eyes but I watch in horror as his slimy tongue slithers out to lick his lips, I fight against his grasp, working any energy left to gather the spit and blood in my mouth, spatting it all over his silk white dress shirt and shoes. "You are no god of mine." My voice is gravelly, harsh to even my ears and my throat stings with the effort. His lips pull into a snarl, his grip on me suddenly unbearably tight and it feels like my arm is going to snap.

"Shut up." I gasp at his knife, rusty and old. Trusty as he likes to put it is dragging across my lower stomach digging into me ruthlessly. My gaze dropping to my stomach, it always stings at first, and then it feels like someone is holding a lighter to it. Past my filthy rags of a shirt, I press down on my reopen C section scar. "You're going to die by my hand's Sin, I swear on my life." The sick bastard pushes me away and I collapse onto the dirty ground, unable to hold my weight up anymore. The pain in my stomach mixed with my already aching body, I was done for.

I could almost feel it, the peace and utter tranquility that is death awaiting me as I bleed out on the floor. "You are nothing because I made you so." His large hand is patting the side of my face but I don't feel it, just the warmth flooding through me as I can't seem to tear my gaze from the single buzzing fluorescent bulb swinging above our heads.
"You are going to bleed out in this god for shaken basement, and I'm going to set this house on fire with that thing watching before I blow his brains out, Sin, can you hear me?"
He slaps my face harshly, I feel my sell blink as my eyes sting, his cold laughter gives me chills before his voice is right next to my ear. "I'm going to kill your son after he watches his mother burn."
The gravel crunches under him and the stairs creek but I can't move, I can't feel my legs but I can feel the searing, mind-numbing pain in my chest.
I feel a whimper slip past my locked jaw, "Aleksei."

-

I wake in the same room the dark sky staring back at me through the pushed open curtains, my head spinning from the dream- no the horrid memory. There's a tall glass of ice water on the bed tray, grabbing for it I take Lahr's gulps. Sitting up as I do, ignoring the pain in my stomach, I survey the room still gulping down the water, the coolness pools in my stomach.
Fortunately, there's no creepy doctor, but Ares does occupy the same chair he sat in when I last awoke. Although this time he was asleep, the moonlight bouncing off him making his raven locks look almost blue, with a sharp jaw and features reflecting off the light like he was a sculpture. Mouth slightly ajar, face full relaxed, calm enough to analyze his every detail.
Biting my lip I edge closer to the end of the bed to Ares, his arms crossed across his chest and his big expensive watch gleamed in the light. I squint against the glare trying to tell the time.

"If you're going to steal from me, you should know I'm a light sleeper, little fox." I don't jump or flinch but I am slightly startled to notice him awake, I was right up under his nose almost and didn't notice his breathing pattern change. His tone is deep and rasped with sleep and I look up, fully knowing I may get sucked into those blue orbs.
"I am a killer, not a thief," I grunt, grabbing his arm and checking the time, since he was awake already no need to be gentle. 2:45 Am. How long have I been here?
"I don't think you're a killer either, maybe for the moment but your not a cold-blooded killer." I try not to let his words strike, but they do. Turning my back on him I throw my legs off the other side of the bed, looking over my shoulder as he talks to me leaned forward from the shadows.
"Do you always make assumptions on the women you save, Don Ares?" I turn away looking for my clothes.
"Only one. Look at me when I'm talking to you Sin." His tone takes an edge, the hairs on my neck stand as I hear him round the room to me, his fingers brushing under my chin to join our eyes.
"Ty budesh' money korolevoy. You need help, there's is nothing wrong with that. You don't need to ask, I'm offering."[You will be my Queen.] His native tongue was completely foreign to me but had always been a part of a culture and country I loved and often imagined myself settling to after all this was done. My body still aches with the reminder of Santiago's beat down and it's only going to get harder until I take every last one of them out.

I pin Ares with my eyes, although extremely powerful, in numbers and alone. Was he trustworthy? This was something I had been planing precisely for so long, every step, every contingency plan. None of which end with a Russian Mob boss helping me snuff out my demons. But here he was in his massive glory, offering help, to take a ton of weight off my shoulders.
My body sags with relief as though it's already agreed before my brain and mouth. I swallow thickly, nodding stiffly and quickly unable to meet his gaze.
"Great, We can get started as soon as your healing. Under one condition," my stomach flips at his words. "You have to be one hundred percent honest with me," his eyes drop and I gulp fearing the worse as he put those blue eyes back on my own green eyes. "Starting with the real list." He states firmly and relief floods the gates and I subconsciously rub my bandaged appendix, well aware of his gaze.