Chapter Fifty One: Where's Claudia?

The thing about having any type of connection to the mafia- you couldn't just walk away. This wasn't a hobby, it wasn't sewing or knitting- it was a lifestyle and once you were in, you were in. And there was no way besides a body bag or some type of deal that usually requires too much blood shed.

As much as a mother figure as she was, Claudia would have to be punished. Her fleeing showed unloyalty- not too mention Ares had no idea why she had ran or where.

"So you want us to just sit back and watch you send your woman out like a hunting dog?" The mans thick Russian accent barreled against Liliths ears drums. Her mind already rolling and buzzing with her own internal conflict, now she had another one of Ares misogynistic block heads coming at her.

Across the office her eyes connect with Apollo's whose dance with mischief, "Well Tapi it's not as if you've ever came back successful when we send you out." The other men snicker as Apollo claps him on the back painfully looking.

Ares sighs, face stoic as he places his gun onto his desk beside his framed photo of a grinning Aleksei at Disney world. The clang of metal silencing the murmurs, as his gaze lazily drifts to his men around the room that were once his best assassins, trackers and "hunters" in almost every sense of the word. Blue eyes find his woman propped in the window like a cat, her green eyes looking bored, long legs folded into herself as she played with the page of one of the many books she's read in his office.

"Anymore disrespect towards my woman and I'm decorating my office with your internal intestines." The growl of dominance and control sent a bolt of shivers down Liliths spine and she shifts, one leg dropping to swing idly as she can't help but smile smugly.

She had never had someone defend her, always defending herself so it was always a feeling a pride any time Ares did. The threat was always vicious and his tone didn't hold any space for joking or doubt, he meant every word.

"Now, Lilith has been a hired assassin long before she met me. I trust she'll be able to find Claudia and minimize any collateral damage and bring her back alive. I expect you to follow her lead and respect her as you would me, she is my other half and your Dona." Tapi scoffs but the other men nod in understanding, their fear for Ares out weighing their respect for Tapi by the landfills.

Apollo watched with a sense of overwhelming pride as Ares face softened into a small grin as he turned to Lilith, stretching his hand out in silent calling.
"Come fox, explain your findings please." He had never seen his brother be so gentle to anyone other than him, it made him think back to the better days of his mother and father. Eyes inwardly drift to his sister in laws flat stomach as she stands from her spot in the window, corners of his lip twitching at the thought of another nephew or even a niece.

Snapping her book shut and setting it on Ares desk she opens the draw with familiarity, trying to ignore Ares intense gaze.

"After the police pulled Armando's body from the river I was able to get a look at the autopsy report, he was obviously tortured for information and I suspect Claudia fled to avoid the same happening to her. Either way she knows something we don't and Armando knew it too. She's not in Russia-"

Tapi cuts in again as Lilith produces the files she copied from the hospital. Grabbing at a picture of Armando's mangled body.
"How did you get this?" Ignoring the interruption Lilith moved her finger over the large map, tapping twice.

"Apollo and I have used his connection to Interpol to track her in Sicily. If we leave tonight we can catch her before she jumps ship again-"

"I'm just say-" sighing Lilith grabs the gun already cocked on Ares desk glaring at Tapi.

"If any of you think you can do this job better than me, then be my guest." She paused. Cat eyes lazily dragging around the room before landing on the man named Tapi. She scoffed shaking her head at his glare, smirking as she leaned back enough the wall supporting her as she crossed her arms.

"Go on, Tapi, take lead." Lilith watched with mirth as the man eyes widened slightly, looking around to his colleagues for help. Before looking to his Don, eyes fear stricken with the possibility of Ares hauling his skull as a new coffee mug.

"Well, you seem to have had so much to say. Enlighten us." Ares would love nothing more than to put three bullets in Tapis body. Head of security or not. He wouldn't allow any man or woman to disrespect Lilith again, not while there was still breath in his body.

But that didn't mean he wouldn't allow her to have fun, he knew every facial expression known to Lilith, he had them memorized and filed away. The quick shift of her eyes, the rapid flick of her tongue against her lips as she tries to subdue her smirks.

"I-I, we should break off into teams. Who knows if Claudia is still in Sicily and without Armando's technology we have no live tracking data on her. We can't follow her blind into this." Apollo deep chuckle fills the room after Tapi explains quickly, only really talking to Ares although Lilith is the one who gave him the floor.

"This is why you are not lead, this isn't a violent mission, explain to me why you would need teams to bring home a sixty five year old woman? We want to find out why she ran not kill on sight-" Ares office door burst open and he rises from his desk chair finally at his peak of irritation and being interrupted, this meeting was getting too long anyways.

But the feeling of irritation is short lived as curly red hair ducks into view. "Ma, the door." And the Leksei bolted back down the hall where he was supposed to be having lunch in the dining room. The young maid, Raven shuffled in quickly blushing and breathing heavily.
"I apologize Dona, he moves faster than the speed of light. But, Um, Sergio and Nevaeh are at the door with the guards." Ares can feel his headache build by the tenfold, like sludge hammers coming down on his skull full force.

"Thank you Raven." Lilith answers for the both of them and the young maid ducks her head in respect before following after Little Aleksei.

"We will have this meeting at a later time and by then I expect you all to learn respect for your new queen, or you'll soon know what it feels like to swallow your own teeth." With those final words Ares gently grabbed Liliths hand, eyes connecting with his twin as they shuffled out the door.

A/N:

Thank you all for 10k reads! I truly had not expected this much attention when I started this book but I'm glad you all enjoy it! Sorry if the chapters seem to get sloppier I do get writers block but I try to write when I'm truly feeling I'm writing my best but then again I also don't want to keep you all waiting for updates for forever. So if you have anything you want to see or any scenarios you wanna see from the characters DO NOT BE AFRAID TO DM ME ON WATTPAD OR EVEN COMMENT! I love love love your guys comments and it truly helps me become a better writer ! Thank you all🤍

M.