Chapter twenty one: The view from the sun

Apollo

It was hard to see what my brother saw in this woman, at first. Over the years we've seen our men get married and have children and live happily with their lives still deeply rooted in the business. The women they choose are always the same, soft, warm and loving. Just like my mother, untouched by the life and pure in a sense. I guess the demented part of us as mafia men loved to be able to take that Grace and innocence and taint it.
Sin has already been scorned, burned up and eaten away not by the life but the products of it. Lucian was a man who grew up in the life like my brother and I. But his father didn't have an Angel whispering in his ear like mine did, his father was cruel and harsh raising his son to be just as bad if not worse and I wonder how he stumbled upon Sin.
The woman was hard to understand, she couldn't remember her past and didn't seem to want a future but my brother wanted her, she didn't just raise red flags, she was a walking flashing warning sigh.
"Apollo, I know you don't like me, but right now I need you to trust me and I- I need to be able to trust you to stay the fuck alive." She talks to me through the dirty mirror as the door freaks with effort again, bound to give out at any point and it does.
The first man, burls through full force, his large arms wrapping around Sins waist and taking her up, her back crashes against the ceiling and tile falls while the lights flicker.
I fumble with the gun, my hands sweaty with the effort of getting shot, the pain erupted on my leg was going to be nothing compared to the shit show I'd have to face if anything happens to Sin.
"Don't shoot." Sin shouts as she seems me raise the gun, he's struggling to get her to realize her grip now as she delivers blows to his head, the shower curtain still in one hand and I realize she doesn't want me to shoot because their is not clear shot. The space is too small and if I shoot the bullet and go straight through him and hit Sin.
"Why'd you give the fucking thing then." I snap and she gasp as he throws he back agains the wall and she drops her hold. Slipping the shower curtain around his neck in the process. Her entire body dropping to the ground and slipping To the side as she smashes his face into the toilet, using her foot to press his neck further into the curtain, choking him to death.
She turns to glare at me, "are you serious trying to argue? What is it with you and your brother holding conversation during a fight." She drops his body just as the next intruder stumbles in, a young looking recruitment who seems confused and Sin throws an eyebrow at me and I roll my eyes.
Taking the shot his blood splatter decorates the mirror with his brain matter and his blood drops.
"That's why you have the goddamn gun." I scowl.
"Yeah yeah, watch your back woman." I comment as a shadow shifts in the door way and a fist comes flying Sins way first, it slides across her face, her neck snapping to the side as the woman steps in.
"Tsk poor Sin, could never turn down a sob story with a kid." She cackles, her boots stepping over the body and fully into the bathroom.
I watch in silence and a sick grin spreads across Sins face, the blood from the sneaky blow seeps between her teeth and dribbles down her chin. She pauses, spitting a fat wad of spit and blood into the woman's shoes.
"Amelia, you stupid fucking bitch." Sin seemed too happy to see her, a sadistic smile stretching across her face but her eyes are burning and he entertained in the room shifts to something dark and I don't think we are the ones who are going to be fighting to get out of this bathroom alive.
"Now Lilith, is that anyway to talk to the woman who raised your son?" The already tenses air stills and my brain runs with a million questions but I can't get any answers because Sin has lunged for the woman, the intent to kill written all I've ever face.
I struggle to get my phone out of my pocket as the fight tumbles out side the bathroom, Sin seeming to be ripping the woman's hair straight from her scalp, like she was trying to tear her apart with her bare hands.
My head was starting to get fuzzy, dizzy.
Ares answers on the first ring.
"Mladshiy brat." [little brother.]
There's a crash from the room and I'm sure one of them have out each other through the table.
"Back up needed at the motel 6 two hours out of town. Im not sure but I think one of the four are here and I've been shot. It's getting harder to stay conscious."
Ares response is immediate, "I'll be there in forty five minutes." The line clicks and I feel my body sink further into the ceramic tub. Can only listen to the fight, Sins vocal in her beat down but in the midst of the anger she's reverted back to her native tongue.
Irish.
She seemed to be winning although I couldn't understand a word she said but the woman was screaming bloody murder and my leg was starting to throb painfully.
This was hell. Being and feeling useless, the woman was dead set on getting me out of here alive just for the sake of my brothers heart. The same brother who I was starting to realize I owed an apology too, after I apologized to Sin. Having been a total ass because of my own unhealed pain.
I groaned as another crash resonated.
Hurry the fuck up Ares, before your woman tears down the building.