Chapter One: Assasination of Lu Hako

⚜️Ares⚜️

      I was used to people begging, groveling under the sole of my shoe for their life. Having taken over since my father stepped down at the ripe age of fifteen, ten years later I ran my empire with bloodstained fists and smoking guns. I rarely ever had someone come to me for protection, even more, rare for me to grant it. I was a fucking don, not witness protection.
"Please sir, y-you don't understand." I tsk'd. Silently raising a hand, the man across from me flinches hard enough to make his utensils clatter on the table before he settles. Hooking a boney finger into the crook of his collar, he gulps tucking the fabric away.
"Tell me, Hako, what don't I understand?" I cut into my steak, chewing slowly as the little Asian man grows three shades redder. Eyes darting around the restaurant, we were in the back and it was late in the evening, hardly anyone was here. My men lurked in the shadows silently watching this man sweat and sputter over his words like a child.
"Someone means to kill me." A scoff slips past my lips as I roll my eyes skyward.
"You're a lawyer with a gambling addiction entangled with the loan sharks from the upper east way. Plenty of people want your head on a platter." I wave away dismissively as the man pales further.
"H-how did you-? No matter, it's not them, I-it's." I watch in skeptical amusement as the color returns to his pinched face in green color. "Fucking hell. Takaya Kiska." A rumble emits from my chest, corner of my lips twitches at my twin's words. Although fraternal, our minds were entwined enough for him to speak words I was thinking.

"What does that mean? You'll help?" He gulped, eyes darting between my brother and me I. Apollo snorts, tossing back the last of his harsh liquor.
"On the contrary, he called you a pussy, Hako." My smirk curls around my glass as Hako clutches the table cloth, face stricken with fear and I drink it down.

"Y-you think this is a joke." He stands abruptly. Hands flat on the table, spit flying as he falls into an erratic rant, nostrils flared like a bull.

"You need to watch your tone Hako. I won't hesitate to kill you before your little phantom." My anger bubbles out as a snarl at his disregard for my title. Leaning back in my seat I flick the napkin over my plate, appetite loss.

"I apologize Don Ares-" Glass shatters behind his head, cutting his words as a bullet sizzles past my ear, slicing through the flesh of Hako's arm, lodging into the cushion of the booth between Apollo and I.
Hakos' screams of pain make the few people in the restaurant scatter into chaos, my men move in quick to protect as Apollo draws his pistol.
"It's too late." Hako wheezes, blood pulsing through his fingers as he applies pressure on the wound. He pants, eyes darting to the shadows and I scowl.
"Just who is after you Hako?" I spit, glancing to my left, a small bubble of relief fills me as I see y brother still intact eyes narrowing on our surroundings of the now empty restaurant. Hako gulps, pinching his eyes close, shaking his head like he's living in a nightmare.
"I won't say her name." He whispers just as the light cuts out and we're enclosed in darkness. My hand snatched out instantly grabbing a hold of my twin's arm.
"What the fuck is going on?" Apollo spits not liking the mysterious air suddenly surrounding us. I feel his finger digging into my forearm, squeezing slightly before we pull away. Hako doesn't answer, I squint into the dark only able to make out shadows and silhouettes of my men surrounding us with guns drawn, bodies rigid for action.

    "You know I don't like games Hako." I blink quickly against the sudden brightness of the light being suddenly clicked on. The voice was soft and feminine, sounding like a melody dripping with venom and tainted with hate.
I take in the sight, a petite frame poured into a black suit strapped with ammo and other firearms. Wild red hair like a flame complimenting milky skin covered in freckles. And those eyes, like freshly polished emeralds found in the biggest castle of the richest king. Although filled to the bring with hatred targeted to Hako, they were shimmering, glowing, stand out against her small rabbit nose and pouty lips that were pulled back into a vicious snarl, exposing glimmer teeth looking for blood.

She doesn't even spare a glance towards me or my men who are still stunned she slipped in unnoticed, eyes solely on her target as she presses the barrel of her gun into the back of Hako's skull. He whimpers, tears dripping into the table cloth, a sob escaping as she clicks off the safety.

"Lu Hako, do you know why I'm here?" Her tone is calm, eyes emotionless as she watches the man quiver before her. I shift as my pants seem to tighten and her gaze flickers to me, it was only for a moment before she does a double-take.
Heat flares where ever those gems land on my person, her gaze heated and filled with an emotion I can't begin to read before, much to my detest pulls her gaze away from me. And dammit, I want her eyes on me, not this squirming little worm.
"Hasn't your mother ever told you it's rude to interrupt adults, girl." Sergio, one of my newest members, much eager to prove himself steps forward from her right, puffing out his chest and crossing his arms. Spitting an empty attempt at the insult to the woman, she doesn't bother to glance in his direction.

The motion is quick, smooth, and fluid. Like a lightning bolt striking, a knife suddenly lodged into Sergio's knee cap. He collapses onto the good one, refusing to go down as he whimpers pitifully.
She smacks the barrel of her gun into the side of Hako's mouth, there's a sickening crack as he sputters blood across the once clean table cloth, a few teeth clatter out as well.

"I won't kill your men as long as they don't interfere. This business is between Hako and me." She fixes her calm, emotionless gaze onto me. The uncomfortable want to have her looking at me finally settles, "and what would that business be, miss?" I trail off, smirking as I take in the small bubble of chaos she's formed around her.
One of my men writhing in agony while the rest stand oddly, unsure of what to do next as she shoved the gun into Hako's temple. His sobbing has yet to cease as he looks to me with a pleading gaze, even Apollo is rigid on the edge of his seat on what this plot twist of a woman would do next.

"S-sin, please." My gaze falls to Hako, angry he interrupted her answer and she tears her gaze from me. Narrowing her eyes into slits, this time she pulls back on the chamber and sets one ready to blow his brains all over the table.
And all I can think about is her name, Sin, it fit her perfectly. Red unruly hair, with the beauty of a goddess wrapping around the deadly poison that filled her being. Disguising it like a Foxglove flower, deadly even in small doses.

"Pray." Hako starts wailing harder, the simple word meaning more to the two of them than simply restating the word of god. When he doesn't comply she snatches another knife from a holster slamming it into his hand through the table and he screams out. "I said pray." She hisses into his ear and he flinched as she burned him.
Scared eyes fall back on me.
"Ares, help me." Disgust arises at his beggary, pathetic. I snarl, "No."
A dark, sinister but angelic filled with empty amusement fills the blood-tinted air as Sin tosses her head back.
"No one can help you but Christ himself. Shall I remind you?" She spits, pressing her firearm further and I'm sure a bruise will be there in the morning.
" Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your god. Lu Hako, the time has come for you to atone for your sins." The gunshot rings out as the light cuts back out. Leaving her heavy words in the air where she stood as the lights flick back on. Too shocked to even check if Apollo is still there.

Across where Hako once sat begging for protection, now sat slumped against the table, half his skull missing as his brains slopped on o the tabletop. Soaking the fabric, staining it like disturbed fresh snow.
"Fucking hell." I breathe, eyes glued to where the little vixen once stood, disappearing and reappearing with the lights. "Clean this up. Find out what you can about that woman." I bark orders, startling my men into action as my brother burns his gaze into the side of my face until I finally look at him.

"You're going to get us in some shit Ares." He grumbles. I only toss a dismissive hand, I was the Don, brother or not I don't have to explain myself to anyone.