𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒 | 𝑗𝑎𝑖𝑙

AURORA Saturday, 1st October

AURORA
Saturday, 1st October

The first day of the weekend has started, and what did I do for school? Absolutely nothing, and sometimes that feels the best.

I was just laying on the couch scrolling on my phone. But nothing interesting was seen. Then I saw a call that was from Zeth. "Yes?"

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" I sit up briefly because Zeth doesn't talk chilled and calm as usual, but rather depressed and tense. "Of course, has something happened?"

"No, I just want to talk to you." "Yeah, what is it?" My doorbell rang, so I got up and walked over to it while waiting for Zeth to answer me.

But the person who rang the doorbell was himself. "You know that you could just ring the doorbell, you didn't have to call me." "I know." I opened the door wider so Zeth could come in. When he steps inside, I closed them again.

"So tell me." I walk back to the couch to have a quiet talk with him. My mom, Max, and Theo are gone for a game of Max's hockey game. He's trying his fate in some kind of sports and his choice was hockey, so he convinced my mum to do that and come in a team, I have to say he's not bad at it either.

"It's about Kirian." I rolled my eyes. Not again. "Please listen to me first, and then I'll leave you alone with this topic."

"Speak." I leaned back and crossed my arms in front of my chest. "As you probably noticed, Ares doesn't like Kirian, we don't do either." no shit Sherlock. Really? "Well, you have to understand there's a reason to hate him. We knew Kirian from before. He dated Ares's sister, after Ares find out that he cheated on her, Kirian and Ares got into a fight. Ares's sister was hurt by Kirian because she interfered in the fight. It was hard because she ended up in the hospital with a broken rib. Ares was so angry, so he called the cops and snitch on Kirian and the illegal car race he had. Kirian got in jail for it."

I rose easily. That can't be true, can it? I mean, Kirian and illegal car race? Jail? And they know Kirian. Not because they saw him at the game for the first time, but because all three of them were mates themselves.

"We didn't mean anything bad. But you have to know what you're doing. If you want it and keep seeing him, it's okay with me and Mason, even if we hate him so much. Ares will be fine too. But please take care Aurora, he doesn't want anything good." His hand rested on my knee.

I've never seen Zeth like this. He looks so caring like he really cares that I don't see Kirian anymore. But how can I be 100% sure Zeth wasn't sent by Ares to tell me exactly that?

Maybe he wants me to agree with him and say that he was right about Kirian from the start. Things don't let me get away from Kirian, but I know I shouldn't get too close to him, nor should I trust him, even if he was one of the people I used to trust blindly.

But it looks like some people are changing, who from before are not even recognizable. This really hurts because Kirian and I were very close.

He reminds me of a lot of memories with my dad because he was there too, which feels really great. But I can't trust him blindly anymore, the little boy from before isn't who he used to be.