XXIV

It was just another day for taehyung, hectic as usual. He drags his body into the apartment.

He walked into the sitting room dropped his jacket and car keys before walking into the kitchen to find something to prepare for dinner, he didn't have lunch atall today.

He sluggishly opened the fridge and pulled out a left over rice, he placed them inside the microwave and waited. As the looked at the rolling dish his mind drafted back to the younger.

"Did you eat?" He chuckled no amusement in it's sound as he asked to no one in particular.

He pulled out his phone and opened a very recent contact

Bunny🐰

hope you ain't spending the whole night painting again?
You should sleep more

2days ago

Did you eat?

I discovered a new spot where they make very good Bulgogi, it's way better than that of our favorite restaurant and they also have very decent staffs, You will totally love it,

I can't wait to take you there.

Yesterday

I was arranging your studio today, I saw alot of the painting you did and never showed to me.

1:32am

When are you coming home?
I miss you so much it hurts

1:52am

Taehyung quickly blink back tears as he read through the last messages he had dropped here hoping to get a response one day. He had returned the very next day after Jungkook disappeared from the Paris.

He came straight home but it seem Jungkook didn't even step into the house as all his things were still in place which gave a big relief to Taehyung.

He had travelled to see the younger's parents but the old couple didn't seem to be aware of what was going on so he just pretended he came visiting because he was in the area. He went to Jimin's Place but the older claimed he never saw Jungkook since before they travelled together. He had pleaded with Jimin to please allow him see the younger because he was 100% sure that's were Jungkook was staying. Because the younger didn't have any friends aside Jimin.

He had called Yoongi to ask too but his hyung didn't even know about jungkook's disappearance till Taehyung called him.

It's been two whole week now, after wallowing in in tears for four days straight, he got himself together and started working again. He cleaned up the house everyday just incase the younger decides to show up one day but as the days kept going by he only get more scared of the younger showing up only to come and move his things.

He continued going to Jimin's place every morning with a cup of coffee he made knowing the Jungkook loved his coffee the best. Even though Jimin would claim Jungkook was not with him always took pity and take the coffee every morning.

He started typing away on his phone to leave another message. Jungkook's phone has been off from day one obviously avoiding the younger but Taehyung did not forget to leave a message every day.

Baby
Hope you had dinner?
I know how hard it is for you to leave the studio and eat but please don't starve yourself

He watched as the message was sent but didn't deliver. He threw his head back to blink back tears for the nth time that evening and took some deep breaths.

You know I love you so much and would trade anything to make you happy

Please respond to me once, I miss you so much

So so much

10:13pm

And that was all it took to bring those tears back to Taehyung's eyes as his heart clenched so painfully. He cried his eyes out that night food totally forgotten just like every other nights.

He didn't know he could feel so much pain, he used to think the pain he felt five years ago about hoseok and his dad was the worst but he is definitely finding out new definition pain.

Back then Jungkook showed up immediately everything happened and his bleeding heart healed around Jungkook. He built his life back with the younger as a string, he found happiness through the younger. He stitched his broken life with the younger and having him disappear on him felt like oxygen was snatched from him everytime.

His life was falling apart because the string that joined them together was no longer there. The reason he woke up every morning to make coffee he didn't even like it's taste was because the younger has told him he makes the best coffee that brings light to people's morning.

He didn't create world around the younger because Jungkook was his world.

He would literally die if Jungkook never returns.

_________________
_________________

Where did Jungkook run off to?

See you next chapter

I purple you 💜

~taekook_mama~

810 words