XXIII

"Hobi?"

"Oh Jungkook"

"Wait! You know each other?" Taehyung asked surprised at the unexpected coincident.

Hoseok and Jungkook looked at him and then at each other. As if at the same time it clicked in both their brains but before hoseok could speak Jungkook beat him to it.

"Taehyung is the ex you came back for?" it was more like a statement than a question as several things went through the younger's head. But before hoseok could answer he spoke again.

"You befriended me knowing he was the same person you wanted back?..."

"No..." Hoseok tried to protest realizing where this is heading to but Jungkook was already in his own head space as he stopped him by raising his palm.

"He isn't engaged or married after five years like you hoped" he explained smiling sadly as he raised his fingers showing there are no rings "You can try your luck, he might still be waiting for you.."

"Baby, what are you saying" Taehyung asked confused but Jungkook just walked back into the house. Taehyung was about to go after when hoseok held him back but he pulled his arms away.

"Tae, I need to explain something to you, I think there has been a misunderstanding!" Hoseok calls out to Taehyung but the other had walked away from him.

"I think you should go" Yeonjun advised.

***

"Baby?" Taehyung called out as he walked into jungkook's room to find the younger laying on his bed staring into space.

Taehyung gently sat by the side of the bed.

"What was that all about earlier?" He asked the younger who only now turned his eyes to him at the question.

"I should be asking you that" the younger asked with a very calm unreadable expression on his face, his voice was also very bare.

The older sighed "Hoseok is just an ex..." He tried to explain but was cut off by another question from the younger.

"An ex who still pay visits to your family?" Calmness was still very clear in his voice but Taehyung knows otherwise.

"I didn't kno..." The older tried to explain again when another question came

"Same family it took five years for you to introduce me to?"

"What are you talking about?!" Taehyung asked with a little rise in his voice frustrated at where all this was coming from.

Jungkook met his eyes and stayed quiet for a while like he was searching for something in them before he asked the next question he wasn't sure he was ready to get an answer to.

"He was your first love?" He asked and almost broke down when he saw the older's eye soften "No! Don't answer that"

"Baby.." taehyung tried again but was hit with another question. It was obvious Jungkook was battling with negative thoughts and the questions were just popping out unconsciously.

"You still love him?..."

"No! No no baby, what are you saying. whatever I had with him was over five years ago. You are who I love and the only one" Taehyung explains seeing the younger is in a very fragile state and didn't know how to approach him.

He is obviously of more worth than I am Jungkook thought

"Baby don't get any ideas, I really didn't know until yesterday from dad that he was still visiting him here" Taehyung explains not really knowing the gravity of the problem. He tried to touch Jungkook which the younger tucked himself into his blanket facing the other side of the bed.