And by using Blake, I had betrayed Luka. I didn’t deserve to have him, especially not after what I had done.

                No.

                “Pull yourself together Connor,” I whispered desperately.

                Why was I breaking apart now? I had held strong for so long. I couldn’t just give up now. Luka was worth fighting for. Just because my world was hanging on a string and Blake had the scissors to cut that string, so to speak, it didn’t mean I had to give up.

                There had to be something I could do to stop Blake. Anything to buy myself a little time would help at this point.

                I got to my feet and clenched my fists tightly. “Fight back Connor. You’ve never been a quitter,” I said, gritting my teeth. “Stop pitying yourself, stop torturing yourself over the past. It’s over. Focus on right now.”

                My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out and flipped it open. “Hello?” I answered.

                “Hi Connor!” Luka shouted, making me wince.

                “Hi Luka. Thank you for making me deaf. What’s up?”

                Luka giggled. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to make you deaf. Do you want to hang out right now?”

                I shrugged even though he obviously couldn’t see me. “Sure, sounds fun. I’ll hop in my car right now.”

                “Yay!” Luka cheered. “See you in a few minutes!”

                I hung up and went into the house, grabbing my keys and getting in my car. I took off towards Luka’s house, trying to calm myself down.

                Yes, I had just had an incredibly weak moment. But I had to stop pitying myself. Blake was right when he said that I had brought this on myself. It was my own fault, and I had to deal with it by myself. I wasn’t going to let Luka get hurt just because of my decision.

                Time to go hang out with my boyfriend and do what I do best. Pretend I was alright.

                I got out when I got to Luka’s house and rang the doorbell. Paul answered and smiled at me as he stepped aside to let me in.

                “Hi Connor. Luka’s in the basement,” he said.

                “Alright. Thanks Paul,” I said, nodding at him before going through the house to the basement.

                I went downstairs and froze. Luka looked over at me and smiled widely, bounding over and kissing me.

                “Hey Connor,” Blake greeted, casually twirling his iPod in his hand.

                “Hi Blake,” I said, wrapping an arm around Luka’s waist. I resisted the urge to tell Blake to just show the damn video to Luka already. I couldn’t let Blake win. I couldn’t let him destroy Luka’s happiness.

                “Oh, Connor’s here,” Felix said, coming out from the back part of the basement. He smiled and waved at me. “Hi Connor!”

                “Hi Felix,” I said, nodding at him.

                “I thought it would be fun to all hang out! I was hoping we could play cards. I feel like playing BS,” Luka said with an affirmative nod.