Chapter one: The Iya's.

Safeena was laying down on her bed stomach down with her legs up and swinging on-air absentmindedly. The MacBook screen showed a show playing, it was "friends". She loved the show because of the funny content and she never understood when people said they didn't like it, for it's one of her comfort shows as she watched it almost 3 times. She just loves sarcasm and comedy...she loves comedy because she loves to laugh. No wonder she enjoyed watching comedy sitcoms like friends, how I met your mother, the Big Bang theory, Brooklyn 9-9, and the rest.

She also enjoys horror movies, anything with psychopathic tendencies.

But Safeena wasn't even paying attention to the electronic device for she had her face buried in her phone. She always gets distracted by her phone when she's watching something on her laptop...she calls them 'phone breaks'. She must've forgotten to pause the show she was watching as you can see Monica and Rachael arguing about something as usual in the background.

As she was strolling through her Instagram account, she came across a post from Hausa room, an account that she follows. The post was about a woman that messaged the Hausa room's account handler looking for advice and just like most of the accounts, asking that her identity should please be hidden.

The woman wrote that she was watching an Indian series with her husband in their living room when an actor that she liked came and she absentmindedly uttered how she loved him and how she wished he would marry her. It was a hot sting that came from her cheek that bought her out of her Trance. The woman wrote as if that wasn't enough, it has been three days and her husband still wasn't talking to her even tho she has been apologizing so she opted out to look for advice on what to do.

Safeena let a large hiss out loud. First of all, what the fuck? Is she tripping or did she read he slapped her? As if that wasn't enough he hasn't talked to her? All because she said she loved an actor? Okay maybe when she said she wished the actor would marry her, even Safeena knew she shouldn't have said that. But there's nothing wrong in crushing on an actor, most girls grew up watching and loving those actors and she can bet the woman didn't even mean it like that.

That's not a valid reason to slap your wife, someone you wished to call the mother of your kids one day. To Safeena, if she had married a guy with that they share a mutual understanding and someone that matches her humor, it wouldn't have been a big deal. This is why it's very important to be compatible with your partner to have a deep understanding that silly things like this won't even be an issue.

She just thought of the character from the originals, Elijah, played by the actor, Daniel Gilles, there's no doubt he's her favorite in the whole series...she just loved the guy in suits, how he walks, how he talks and how he cares for his family. To Safeena if a man loves her, he'd go to any means to get an autograph from the actor just to make her happy not slap her or hit her or anything...that's love to her! But of cos the average Nigerian man and their mentality. What's there to be jealous over a celebrity that you're probably never going to meet, a celebrity that's loved by almost everyone, she sees no problem with that.

Men and their egos and insecurities sha.

Safeena was not impressed that he slapped her as she was a very big hater of abuse. If he slapped her today in anger tomorrow he'll do it again and before you know it, he'll be using a belt and everything to beat her up, At least that's what she believed. She never understood how a man will try his best to woo a girl, promise her heaven and earth, win her trust, win her family's trust and then finally marry her after leaving her parents and family and the home she grew up in and everything about her life, and marry him and yet men have the audacity...they dare to raise their hand on them? A full-grown man hitting a full-grown ass woman, not even a child, not like that's any better, it's worse.