**Kade**

I glance up from my computer at Zara, who is sitting at the chair on the other side of my desk with her computer on my desk and two notebooks opened with notes.

Her teachers posted new assignments, that aren't due until next week, but she decided to do them now because she's bored.

Her eyebrows are slightly furrowed as she copies some notes form her computer into her notebook, her tongue poking out the counter of her mouth and her music loud enough for me to hear even through her earbuds and since her earbuds are shit.

I'm gonna buy her new ones.

I let out a small sigh, leaning back in my chair and watching her silently. She looks up as if feeling my gaze and gives me one of her cute little smiles. She takes out her earbuds and pauses the music, pushing her computer out of the way and resting her elbows on her tables, then her chin in her hands.

"Hiyo." She beams, tilting her head causing some hair to fall over her face. "What's the dill, pickle?" She laughs at her own idiotic joke. "Done with your work?"

"Mostly." I shrug. "Hungry?" I question.

"Always." She responds with a happy shrug. "Are you? I'll buy you some-"

"No." I cut her off, and she frowns. "Come on. What do you want?" I say, standing up. She stands up too, stretching her arm. I glance outside at the cloudy skies, then back at her skirt and sweater. "Why are you wearing a skirt?"

"Um....I don't know? I think like 99.9 percent of my closet is skirts and dresses." She answers me, closing her computer and pack up her stuff. "Why? You don't like them?"

"I like them." I correct her. "But it's cold, you'll get sick."

"Sick? Nah, I got balls of steel!" She grins, and I just stare at her. "Okie, not really. I promise I don't have balls. But like, I'll be fine, don't worry about me."

Like hell I won't.

~~~

We pull into the chick-fil-a drive-through, and I turn down the music as we approach the ordering machine. "Welcome to Chick-Fil-A, what can I get you?" The guy asks.

"Can I-"

I'm cut off when Zara climbs across my lap, her legs perched across mine and her head hangs out the window. "Okay, here's what I need, Sir. Two twelve counts of chicken nuggets and a large fry. And then a spicy chicken sandwich...uh deluxe, no tomatoes, and another large fry. And for the drinks, one large Vanilla Milkshake and a Water."

Huh, she remembered my order...

"Okay." He says, before reading our order back to us. "Your total will be $36.84."

"Okie, see ya! Thanks, buddy!" She chirps and rolls the window back up. She turns and looks at me, and I just raise an eyebrow.

"You could've said you wanted to or-"

"Yeah, but climbing on you was funner." She tells me.

"Funner isn't a word." I remind her as she climbs back into her own seat.

"Okay....and?" She mocks, and I roll my eyes at her.

I pay for our meals, watching as she "secretly" puts a 20-dollar bill into my arm rest, then we reach the collecting window.

I'm putting that back in her bag, later.

I grab our food then hand it to her and put our drinks in the cupholders. "Ask for Barbecue sauce. And chick-fil-a sauce. And buffalo sauce." She whispers, and I do so.