Welcome to Angelhood

"I'm leaving."

Sia quickly choked out, eyeing the potential cliff that was conveniently placed there. Now would be a good time to just jump off it, just like she did in her past life. Stiffly, getting up from the ground, she made to march away when something unforeseen happened.

Snap!

A set of fingers clicked and a command issued through the woods, "Come back and sit down."

And Sia found that there was absolutely no resistance she had before, her body following the command on its own before she could mentally fight it and she found herself once more back in her previous spot.

"Did you just—"

"Pretty cool, right?" He grinned, showing a full set of his teeth and Sia stared incredulously at him trying to figure out just what he was thinking in vain. After a brief pause, he burst out laughing much to her puzzlement.

"I— I'm sorry but it's too funny! I can't—" He wiped tears of mirth, clutching his stomach. "So that's what you were thinking? That I was dating him?"

Him? What was he talking about? Sia mentioned a girl, didn't she? Was he making fun of her?

"Honestly, Sia? Are you stupid, how can you..." Hoseok wheezed, unable to control his laughter. "I'll tell you this one thing right now. I'm not dating him. Her. Well, he's a she now. And I never will. She's so not my type—"

"I don't understand what you're saying."

"Silly, she is not who you think she is. She is..."

Few days before

When Jung Hoseok felt a slender shoulder bump into his, he didn't pay much heed to the soft muttered sorry he heard, a nod of his head being his only response and he walked on but what the feminine voice posed next, made him stop dead in his tracks.

"Vile One."

Hoseok turned around to find a girl he had never seen before watching him with an intensity that could drill holes into his head. She was not from around there, he could tell by the mere poise in which she held herself. Head high, shoulders straight, the midday breeze brushing her dark tresses out of her pale as a moon face. Hoseok didn't realize when she had managed to get close as her slender fingers gripped his jaw, nails digging into his skin and her feline eyes stared into his soul. But that's when a memory of those familiar eyes flashed through his mind. A memory that wasn't his own.

"Vile One. You're so done."

"So you're a half-angel now?" The girl whispered out but Hoseok couldn't find his voice, too stunned by his discovery. "That angel was right. You are a half-angel."

She removed her fingers from his aching jaw, "I may not be an angel anymore but I can still tell." She patted her hands together as if dusting them off.

"You... You are—"

"Ever heard of the name Min Yoonki?"

"Yes!" Hoseok all but cried. So that's who he was, the celebrated brother of the Queen of the extinct Kingdom Adaira, Andrea. He could still recollect from the Vile One's memories who the man—woman—standing before him was.

"Well, I'm Mi Yeoni now. Nice to meet you. Just wanted to make sure the scum I sent to hell had truly perished." Mi Yeoni replied casually, the ice in her eyes warming up.

"Oh... Uh, so..."

Mi Yeoni tilted her head, "So? So that means I don't have any more business here. Pleased to know you good-soul. Hope you won't turn out like Vile One. I'm out!"