Back at home

Jung Hoseok didn't know when he had slumbered off but when he opened his eyes, what awaited him was certainly a pleasant surprise. Huge cocoa brown eyes stared at him in what was unmistakable awe as he stirred and squinted his eyes. When the owner of the eyes noticed that he was awake, she quickly cleared her throat and looked away. "You're here too? Good, good."

Hoseok sat up straighter in the chair, propping his elbows up on her bed as his golden-amber eyes assessed her. She seemed to be doing fine. Awfully fine considering what she went through. Maybe that Healer angel wasn't that bad after all. Questioningly eyeing her white angelic dress and back at Hoseok's ivory blonde hair and golden eyes, Sia leaned closer and whispered out, "Am I in heaven?"

A smile almost bloomed on his lips but he muffled it. "I don't know."

"Right, they must call it something else. What was it again? Court of judgment?" She inquired, enthusiastically though she refrained her voice to a whisper. His grin didn't stay repressed too long. Right. This was the Sia he knew. Nosy and a little touched in the head. Not a cry baby.

"Not sure."

Sia pouted in displeasure before she ran her eyes over her surroundings and the room, "By the way, this place looks really like my bedroom. See? This mattress even squeaks like the one in my room back home." She bounced on her bed in demonstration and it was all he could do to not burst out, "Did they do that so that I won't freak out or anything?"

"Can't say..."

"What do you know then?!" Sia whisper-shouted, throwing her hands up in the air in frustration and he exploded into chuckles puzzling her even more. "What?!"

Hoseok shook his head, "Why are you whispering?"

Sia looked a little sheepish at his question, "Because we're in heaven?"

Believe her when Sia says that it was the biggest surprise of the century when she immediately felt two arms wrap around her in a warm embrace and the weight of a head burying in her shoulders. Sia went stiff as cardboard as her hands awkwardly lifted up in the air by her sides and she sat stock still, too afraid to move. She blinked once. Twice. She took her merry time registering what was going on. When she did, she took an additional ten minutes to actually collect her voice and her wits since they seemed to have gotten stuck somewhere in her, refusing to come out. A few more seconds of awkward staring at the wall of her room later, she slowly let out the breath she'd been unconsciously holding for long.

"Wow, I must really be in heaven. The popular guy from school is hugging me..." Sia finally whispered out in a daze, eliciting a small laugh from her shoulder, flinching as a hot breath tickled her skin.

"You're not dead, dumb-dumb. We're alive. We won."

Sia scrunched her nose in puzzlement, "We won? What do you mean we wo—"

There was a sharp intake of breath. Soon two hands clamped down on his shoulders and jerked him back, feral eyes searching his entire being for some kind of validation as she stuttered out, "Y-you're Hoseok?"

Hoseok beamed gladly, "Yes."

Sia gulped down disbelievingly probing his face for an answer, "Jung Hoseok?"

"Mm."

"My Hoseok?"

"Ye— No. Not yours."

"Tch." Sia sent him an unamused look, giving him a light shove back as she removed her hands from his shoulders. "You're right. You are Jung Hoseok."

There was an outbreak of giggles as Sia sat staring at the man, her lips twitching in amusement. "Yeah, don't think for a second I've given up on you though cuz..." she strummed an imaginary guitar as she squeezed her eyes shut and sang, "Never gonna give you up! Never gonna let you down! Never gonna run around and desert—"