Mess with a Monster

The question was aimed at the faes but none of them moved, intimidated by the sudden shift in the air. They merely exchanged glances with each other, wondering if it was safe for them to make their move but their leader wasn't about to relent to their dilly-dallying. 

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING AROUND FOR? CATCH THAT WIZARD!"

And the fae thugs roared as they rushed forward, their power crackling at their fingertips. The one who was at the very front gave a battle cry and sent a wall of flames towards the wizard, engulfing his form completely in the fire. Sia let out a cry as Hoseok's form disappeared in the flames. "NO!"

The fae snickered, so sure of his victory when the fire died down to reveal a very intact wizard staring right back at him with his glowing eyes that appeared to be filled with a distinct... curiosity. 

"Flamethrowers... You must be the Laphstraens." Ho-Seok mused as the fae's triumphant grin dropped and his jaw hung open.

Ho-Seok swept his fingers through his long windswept tresses, "Unfortunately for you, I don't like any faes."

The leader of their pack growled, "ATTACK!"

All three of them charged forward, whipping out weapons of fire, long spears, and arrows, mazes, and swords, all aimed straight for the warlock, their war cries resonating high in the clearing when there was an explosion.

The three faes paused mid-run, so did their weapons hurtling through the air heading straight for the warlock. There was a moment of stillness and then all hell broke loose. 

The weapons backtracked and crashed into the walls, crumbling to pieces. The fae at the very center whom one of them had addressed as Cephalo, howled, dropping to his knees as his eyes rolled to the back of his head. The warlock watched the fae choke and sputter as his veins turned an awful shade of blue, so much that it became visible through his clammy skin. 

His companions froze watching their mate with horror as his feeble whimpers quietened and slowly died down. The warlock's orbs drifted past to the next nearest victim. The pudgy fae who caught his eyes shivered and stumbled back. Within moments, the air filled with his screams as an invisible sword slashed across his chest all the while as the wizard stood watching the scene with passion.

His head slowly revolved around to the last standing fae, the leader of the pack. He gulped down, frozen in fear and a sly grin tugged at Ho-Seok's lips. "Aha!"

"Y-you're a monster." He sputtered in a daze trembling as Ho-Seok sauntered closer to him.

"Don't- Don't come closer," the wizard didn't pay heed.

"Please," The fae was on the verge of a breakdown, "Don't kill me."

"Kill you?" Ho-Seok repeated in shock, "How horrible do you think I am?" He curiously tilted his head, watching the fae tremble under his gaze and beamed, "You'll do that yourself." He winked. "Die for me."

An arm slammed into the fae's throat and he looked down in horror only to find that it was his own. "No- P-plea- ACK!"

"Shouldn't have messed with a monster, right?" Ho-Seok muttered jovially.

"HEY!" A yell made him turn to see that the fae he had slashed hadn't bit dust and was now holding the human hostage. "S-STOP THIS OR I WILL BURN HER ALIVE!"

Ho-Seok blinked in boredom. How amusing! The fae wasn't really the brightest of them, was he?

However, his dark orbs trailed over him to the human hostage who was staring at him in unconcealed terror and they lit up. Looking back at the fae who held her in disgust he raised his arm and clenched his fingers. The fae's head bent back at his power, slowly and deliberately so that he suffered.

"Don't touch the human with your filthy fingers." He hissed at his victim who fell to the ground clutching his head.

His eyes snapped back to the human who stood stunned and his lips curled into a playful grin. "Are you okay, dear Messenger?"

Sia should have learned her lesson by now to never look him in the eye but her fear and shock had rendered her unable to think. She walked forward gaping at the man who stood before her, entranced in his allure, a poisonous beauty too hard to resist. Still, there was no mistaking the fear that battled with her in her mind. Ho-Seok strolled forward until he came to a stop directly in front of her, his fire-ringed eyes assessing her tiniest movement with amusement. "We don't want you getting hurt, do we?"

Sia breathed watching the being in front of him in a mixture of awe and terror. She was acutely aware of the wizard's natural powers acting on her and even though she fought, it wasn't enough. He overpowered her. Something deep down screamed inside of her to act.

Strange. She didn't know what it wanted. Her mind had gone blank and nothing meant anything to her anymore more than him. She just wanted to get lost in his fiery orbs.

A faint voice called from within. She frowned. Why was it calling out to her? She didn't know why they mattered. Why wouldn't it shut up? But the voice grew louder and louder until an authoritative feminine voice boomed in her ears, "MESSENGER, PULL YOURSELF UP."

Sia snapped out of her trance and her hand sprung up closing out the one thing that was holding her captive: his eyes. She looked away breathlessly as she returned to her senses. "H-hoseok, your eyes are a little scary."

At her touch, her golden tendrils of power swept away the shadows off the wizard, transforming him back to his previous form, bringing the parasite soul into dominance. Hoseok gasped as he gained back his control.

"S-sia," he removed her hand from his eyes as Sia stared at the ground, avoiding his eyes. "W-what happened here?"

Jung Hoseok looked around in dread as the entirety of the scene crashed down on him. "Did I do this...? Are they dead?"

"No, they're not. Let's get out of here." Sia tugged him away from there, eyes trained on the ground. She gulped as the recent memories flashed through her mind. The memory of his entrancing power, his voice, his eyes...

She shook her head, shaking the image out of her head. Dangerous. He was too dangerous. That's why Hoseok has to find a solution. Soon.

Unbeknownst to them, a figure hovered in the shadows, lying witness to the whole scene. They watched as the outline of a human and a wizard slowly retreated from their sight and breathed out a sigh. "I gave you a chance to redeem yourself and this is what you do with it?"

The figure pulled the hood over their head as they blended into the shadows.

"There'll be no more second chances."

____________________

A/n: *clears throat* It's winter vacation. You know what that means? Free time!!