A realistic nightmare

Trigger warning: disturbing scenes

The central clock on the North Tower of Fairy town struck 12.

A man stood by the railing of the balcony gazing up at the star-sprinkled night sky and the waning moon. The tourist town had fallen asleep, barely a single soul moving within its streets. Not even the mewl of a stray cat, a hoot of an owl, or the creak of the cicadas. Everything forgot to squeak as a haunting chill befell them. An unnerving silence enveloped the town. A silence that didn't belong there.

The starry night reflected in his eyes as he breathed out, hot breath condensing in the cold. As he watched, the jewels that adorned the sky blinked out, one by one and before long, the sky was as dark as his soul. As dark as the obsidian in his eyes that gazed back at the lonely moon.

His fingers pulled away from the railing and he went back inside the building, his footsteps muted against the carpet on the floor. Inching quietly along the hallway, as smooth as a snake, he stalked towards a door he was all too familiar with.

He eyes the door and at his silent command, it slowly creaked open to let him in. Unhesitantly, he walked inside the room, his cold orbs raking over the place until his eyes fell on a room in the distance and the girl that laid on her bed inside, blissfully fast asleep.

His footsteps were slow. Heavy with anticipation as his heart raced inside his chest at an emotion he hadn't felt for in so long. Excitement.

He crouched down near the bed, his face inches from hers as their breaths mingled and flicker of strange fascination glimmered in his eyes.

"A messenger?"

Sia Winters didn't stir, too deep in sleep. Too oblivious to know who sat beside her. Too vulnerable to even defend herself from what awaited her.

"A personal tamer for me?" He mused, a vile grin pulling at his lips at the hilarity of the situation. A soft chuckle tumbled out of his lips.

"You're one daring woman, Queen Yama."

_____________________

Sia didn't know where she was or what she was. At the same time, she felt as if she knew where she was. It felt natural to be there. Too natural. But an increasing feeling of foreboding was surging into her veins, chilling her bones in the ominous silence. Her heart picked up its pace as her eyes stared straight at the greying walls blankly. Her mind was filled with an overwhelming feeling of emptiness as if someone had stripped her of the ability to feel.

Her fingers gripped a weighty stone slab in her hands, running along its rough surface. The sound of footsteps reached her ears and a moment later the creak of the door opening broke the ominous silence of the room.

"Ah, there you are, my love. I've been calling you for a while."

She didn't turn to the owner of the calm voice. She stared at the wall.

"Are you still mad at me?" The voice inquired, softly. She remained silent. The one behind her sighed, his breath resonating through the room. "You know that I only did that because I love you, don't you?" There were shuffling noises and she felt him walk close to her. "Why did you have to be so stubborn and reckless? I did it for your own good."

At her prolonged silence, his patience ran thin but still, he inhaled reigning in his patient, trying to make her understand his intentions. "Hey... are you still mad? I didn't want to do it. I swear to god, I didn't. But I had to. Please, you need to understand me, love."