Vile One or not

"Oh, it's you."

Adrean didn't like the way the stranger's voice resonated in his mind. His ears started ringing out of the blue. and he stumbled away from the stranger, bringing his hands to his ears. "Sorry, I--"

A weird pressure was building up inside of him, fighting against his insides. Adrean felt like a balloon being blown up well past its limit and that if he didn't do something he'd burst. He looked to the stranger. Who was it? Why did he look so familiar? Somehow, the stranger didn't find his actions weird but stood there watching him in what appeared to be amusement?

The man took a step forward closing in the distance Adrean had created, coming uncomfortably close to him. 

"S-step back."

Adrean managed to breathe out fighting against the strange pressure. It was beginning to get too much to handle, clawing at his insides frantically, screaming to be let out. He saw something flicker across the eyes of the man in front of him. The man's grin turned to a cold smirk.

"And if I don't?"

"Kneel."

There was a visible shift in the air around them at Adrean's uncharacteristic command. The stranger in front of him tilted his head. "You know, I don't like the tone of your voice, Andrea."

Andrea. The name sent a shockwave through Adrean's body. "I'm sorry, what did you call me? W-what did I say?"

And before Adrean knew it, his back slammed against a tree and he felt the feel of a palm against his throat, squeezing so hard that it cut off his airflow. A pair of shining rings of fire stared down at him and the voice that followed was gutturally low, "You would do well to remember this, darling. You don't use that tone with me."

That was the moment Adrean broke. A fury so fierce shot through his veins as a memory that he despised with all his heart resurfaced and he spat in recognition. "Vile one." 

"That's right, Andrea." The rings of fire narrowed as he smiled. "It's me." The Vile One's eyes trailed down his face in some kind of hungry fascination. "You've gotten prettier, darling. I wonder how..."

"You vile monster!" Adrean's eyes flashed as his palm clamped down on his wrist. Unfortunately for the Vile One, he hadn't anticipated that it would be on the same left wrist that held a certain bracelet.

Upon Adrean's touch, the metal burned white-hot. The rings that circled his eyes flickered and went out and a hiss of pain left his lips as the flesh against the bracelet burned though there was no visible sign of a burn.

Hoseok cried out in agony as it became unbearable and his legs gave out.  Though the change in his demeanor was apparent, Adrean didn't let go of him. Oh no, he had a critical debt to pay.

"You dare touch me, you vile filthy monster!" Adrean growled, strengthening his grip on the bracelet.

"How dare you! How dare you come back, you cunning devil!" He spat on the ground, rotating his shoulders as he let his fury control his body. It was the most invigorating he ever felt since the day the Vile One waltzed into Andrea's home claiming to be the one who cursed her lover. She had always wanted to beat the living sh*t out of the warlock after that but unfortunately for her, she never got a chance. Now, as the opportunity presented itself in front of Adrean, he wasn't just going to sit back and let it pass. He aimed a sharp kick at the man on the ground who he thought to be the Vile One. "Arrgh!"

"You made a mistake coming back to me, Vile one. I will not let this end well for you! Die!"

He shot another kick to his stomach, making Hoseok cough out helplessly. "Die! Die and go back to hell where you belon--"